Top Hat's new desire

A long, a wrestless day of towing many, and uncountable barges, filled to the brim with trains, box cars, flatbeds and vans, Top Hat felt as though he never recognized any of this. Toiling away in his mind was a deep aggressive desire to be free of labour, and simple payment. Felting the need to explore the greater oceans, and find out the truths of everything, he had the strain of working as an employee, minimum wage. He couldn't take it anymore.

Top Hat, still thinking blindly about his mind, puffing to the dock, still unsure to ask for a rest or to simply continue and remain in this dwelling thought.

"Hey, what's up laddie?" A gruff, and new voice exclaimed to the dazed, dreaming Top Hat. It was Big Mac, a harbour tug Top Hat relatively knew well, but still not as comfortable enough to talk personally to. His mind scrambling, decided to pluck up courage to make a response.

"Oh, uh. Big Mac.." said a soft voice, barely audible even to Big Mac, still not giving up on the exchange of talking, Top Hat replied again. "Oh, sorry for mumbling- I meant to say hello!" Big Mac was unsure about Top Hat's wellbeing, but decided it would be best not to make anything of it.

Top Hat trying his best to remain calm, he he slowly chugged to his usual resting spot, turning slightly to properly fit in a comfortable position. "Today was weird", he said to himself. "Hopefully tomorrow will be better", he thought in hopes of being more positive. "Really, a 'better' day eh?" Cut in a a new voice in his head. His egotistical side was popping into mind and started doubting Top Hat's motives. "I mean, just wake up, fuel up, rail ferries, sleep, that's all!" He sighed, doubting himself again.

"Just. Leave us alone, I know our job is boring and gotten predictable over the years but it's how life is! We can't just join in on some grand adventure!" Huffed Top Hat's defensive side in retaliation.

"Snap outta this!" His mind kept telling him. But he didn't want to. He couldn't, like something was holding him back. A simple flash, as though he was dreaming and had woken up. "AH!" He yelled. "Top Hat Top Hat! You aight there lad?", asked Big Mac, he wasn't sure if something had happened, or if he'd been mishearing things.

Top Hat breathed, still pretty shocked, he said calmly in a state of confusion, "I'm - fine, just don't worry.. I am. Fine." Big Mac wasn't convinced in the slightest, he knew that Top Hat was acting unreal, like a fake, or an imposter. "Top Hat.. You can talk to me, I'm your friend, please." "You just don't know, do you?" Sighed Top Hat.

He steamed off, leaving Big Mac clueless. Big Mac processed, his engine halted. "What could that lad be hiddin' that's so unknown? Aye, I mean he didn't tell anyone else, did he?" He paused again. "But - what could he possibly be hiding?"

A boom, ear shaking interruption clipped to Big Mac. "Big Mac!" Shouted a loud and unfriendly tone.

It was Captain Patrick Star, the leader and owner of all the Stars. Big Mac flustered, quickly responded, trying not to come off as rude to Captain, he immediately replied.

"Ehh, sir? Yes?" He stumbled. "Big Mac you can't stop here and rest all day, come on!" "Sir yes - sir.." said Big Mac nervously. "Hm. You must have missed the morning briefing again. Oh well no worries, you are Warrior are to shift bricks for a new building site. We have the contract to help construction on an office building. Meet Warrior at the loading docks as soon as you can."

"Alright sir, will be there." Huffed Big Mac as he slowly trundled away in a neutral state of emotion.