VI| Memories

Crescent was an enigma she was not quite a person but she was not quite a spirit either

             Crescent was an enigma she was not quite a person but she was not quite a spirit either. She had a conscience which was enough even if she could not see or hear things she still felt them. Crescent felt a warm presence beside her and immediately knew it was the moon her queen. "Crescent you have done me well my child. I have decided to gift you with the best gift anyone can possess. Life. Make me proud my child." With that the moon blessed Crescent with a living body. Freya. Her name was now Freya. She woke up and turned to see the world through the eyes of a living human, well technically she was a Spirit Mage but she still felt human. It was hard to move but it was easy to talk Freya soon realized as she opened her mouth. "Hello." Freya did not say that? So who did. She looked to see a small girl with big black eyes and purple irises smiling back at her. Freya smiled back at her and tried to get up. The girl giggled and grabbed her hand in hers. "What. is. your. name?" Freya asked the words feeling foreign on her tongue. "My name is Azalea." the girl told her brushing black hair out of her face. "What are you doing here?" this confused Freya even more. "Where. am. I?" she said slowly pronouncing each word with emphasize.

"Duchess May's Manor... how did you get here?" Azalea was asking all the wrong questions, Freya was just happy that she was answering her questions. "I. do. not. know." Freya answered truthfully. Did the moon gift her a body of a young girl? If so why was she in someone's manor? "Hello? I asked what your name was?" Freya squinted to see a large metal collar around the other girl's neck. "My. name. is. Freya." Freya answered trying to get better at speaking. "Nice to meet you Freya are you a new servant? I was supposed to help you get to know where everything is... Mistress said she found you on her doorstep." Azalea explained. Freya's heart ached for the little girl who seemed much to young to be here. "I. think. so." Was it okay for Freya to not know what a servant was? She didn't really want to ask Azalea. "Come I'll show you where to sleep." Freya followed Azalea only to notice the girl limping. "Are. you. alright?" Freya asked slowly now noticing Azalea's once-tear-stained cheeks. "I'm fine."

Although it was clear the girl was not fine. "Azalea. I. can. help." Freya told her and closed her eyes. When she opened them they were glowing blue, "Ready?" she asked the young black-haired girl. "Ready as I'll ever be..." Azalea trailed off as Freya pressed her hand to Azalea's leg. The girl sucked in a breath pain shooting through her leg before sending the blond-haired girl a grateful smile. "Thank you I feel bad your here your so nice..." Azalea trailed off sniffling. Freya put a hand on her new friend's shoulder although she didn't understand what she meant by that she went with it anyway. No matter what she knew though, she did know this girl was the first one to show her kindness and would protect her no matter what.

 No matter what she knew though, she did know this girl was the first one to show her kindness and would protect her no matter what