Ol' Pal.

A quiet and enjoyable place; Angel island was Knuckles' favorite place, he wouldn't imagine a life were his job wasn't guarding the Master Emerald. Well, maybe it wasn't something funny to do, it was quite boring, actually. But it was his job, his mission. That's what his tribe wanted him to do. He didn't dislike guarding the master Emerald, but he had to admit that there was some fun things that he wanted to do, like punch things. He may or may not have anger issues but punching things is what Knuckles likes. I mean, what's his name for if not? Even if Angel island is secret, it doesn't mean he has to leave the master emerald unguarded. Sometimes he wished he didn't have to guard it on his own. But he is the last echidna, he has to give his live for the emerald.

'Today's a boring day.' Knuckles thought. He was laying down above the emerald like usually. Somehow he felt tired, like, sleepy. He hasn't done too much than guard the emerald, but being there doing nothing much probably is tiring as well. He started falling asleep, letting his guard down. He knew nothing bad could happen, Eggman was on vacations with Orbot and Cubot. Rouge had some great emeralds that G.U.N gave her as payment. And well, Sonic isn't the type of guy to steal a big green emerald. He thought before falling asleep. After a few hours of sleeping he woke up of that great nap he had. He woke up confused, he had a weird dream about Sonic and him, in the dream Sonic was the guardian of the master emerald and Knuckles was his assistant in it. They were working pals guarding the emerald. Until he woke up. He didn't hate the dream, but it's probably not something he would like to dream of again. He shooked his head around after seeing and hearing the blue hedgehog nearby. He stopped right in front of him. "Heya Knux, Long time no see!" The hedgehog said in excitement. "What the heck do you want, Sonic?" Knuckles said sitting in the Master emerald. Sonic started looking around Knuckles, checking every detail. "Hmm, you look great today, eh?" Sonic said teasing him. He stopped right in front of him while admiring his face. Knuckles knew how much Sonic liked to tease him. So he looked away flustered. "What are you doing here?, I hope you're not here to bring me any trouble on my island." The red echidna said before looking at Sonic with a cold stare. Sonic giggled. "What, I can't come visit my ol' and favorite buddy??" Sonic said teasing him once again. The red echidna frowned. "I'm not your buddy. Now leave my island before I make you leave." Knuckles said. Sonic smiled, "Well, if the prodigious and best galaxy Warrior ever says so.. guess I'll have to leave." Sonic turned back and stopped in the first step. Knuckles confused looks at him. "What are you trying to do?" Knuckles said with a long face. Sonic softly smiles and turns to look at him. "Well, seems you tend to know when people want something from you, don't you knuckles?" Sonic said giving him the look. Knuckles blushed "W-what do you mean?" Knuckles asked not knowing what Sonic actually meant. "Oh you know, I just want to spend some time with you, I know you miss me" Sonic said with a cocky attitude. "M-Me missing YOU?! No way! I would never miss you." He looks away flustered, Knuckles would never admit that he hates being alone in angel island, yeah, Sonic may bring trouble, but he enjoys his company, even if it doesn't look like it. "Yeaaah sure. There's no need to hide it. That's why I visit you when I can. Because I also miss your company pal." Sonic said getting closer to Knuckles. The echidna blushed and looked directly at Sonic's eyes. "You like my company?" Knuckles said with a little spark on his eyes. "I sure do Knux. Even if we fight, your company is great. You make me forget about everything else in the world when I'm with you." Sonic said, then thought to himself that that sounded pretty romantic, but he didn't make it on purpose to tease Knuckles this time. Knuckles flustered looked at him confused "Sorry. That sounds pretty awful now that I said it." Sonic said to Knuckles. "Hah. It's alright Sonic, that was pretty heart-touching actually." He said looking away smiling. Sonic blushed a little. "Hm. Guess you make me say such things." Sonic whispered to himself. Knuckles heard him, but pretended not to, so he wouldn't make things uncomfortable. "Hm, uh.. so, what do you want to do while we're here.. uh, not that I want you to stay, of course!" Knuckles said looking away. Sonic smiled and looked at him. "Why don't we take a walk? Or why don't we stay here sitting together looking at the sunrise?" Sonic said getting closer as he speak. Knuckles looked at him pretending not to be happy because someone was asking him to sit with him and watch the sunrise. "Oh, uhm, I think I'll go with the second option. I really like watching the sunrise" *and with you, it would be better..* he said whispering to himself.  Sonic stands next to him. "So, shall we sit?" He said smiling to the red head. "I..guess so." They both sit in the first step of the stairs and watch the sunrise together. Knuckles unconsciously gets closer to Sonic at the point their hands are almost holding, Sonic notices but ignores that and looks at the sunrise, Knuckles tries to get himself more confidentiality to hold sonic's hand but he feels sonic is going to get away, after a few minutes thinking, he decides to hold sonic's hand but looks away instantly. Sonic looks at their hands holding together and softly smiles while holding it tight. Knuckles blushes and doesn't know where to look so he looks at his legs while trying not to mess up the moment. After a while Sonic falls asleep in Knuckles' shoulder and Knuckles looks at him smiling and puts Sonic's head in his lap so he can rest. A few minutes later Knuckles falls asleep as well and they both sleep peacefully. After an hour of sleep, Knuckles wakes up and smiles at Sonic, he blushes a little and then decides to kiss Sonic's forehead. Knuckles has always been shy when showing his feelings, but it was different with Sonic. He felt there was something special between them, they might be rivals, they might have a different way of thinking and ideals, but they both share the same feelings. He knew Sonic was the type to hide his feelings and to make jokes or tease people when it's someone important. So that means, Knuckles is important to Sonic. They always save each other's butt, always care for each other, and worry for each other when something is wrong. Knuckles would never admit his feelings towards Sonic, but he still wanted to show that he cares for Sonic, and acting like he doesn't care, it's the way for him, because Sonic knows is the other way around.