part 1

Trying something new. I was feeling to even leave Wattpad. But this idea made me stay :-)

Looking for some encouragement through this attempt. It's only a two or three shots..

--------------

He had never imagined her corpse will be in front of his eyes, on their first meet. Fully covered in white cloth. She was his first love, his fiancee, his dream, he had dreamt of a happy life with her. Everything disappeared in thin air, in a blink of an eye. She was the one who stole his heart within a period of a phone call. though they had never met, she had strange magic in her voice to make him fall for her on their first talk. They were meant to meet today, but never like this, she fully covered in an white cloth. The bloody murderer burnt her alive that her face could not even leave uncovered. Major tests had to done to identify the body. All her relatives were present there, dressed in white clothes. He could feel their confused gaze on him. They wonder, who might be this man, crying beside their daughter's lifeless body. They don't know him, only her parents do. His tears were not taking the name to stop. Though he could not see her face his heart broke for an unknown reason. His knees felt weak and he gave up. Falling beside her body he let his tears out. His hand trembled as he brought it to her face. His fingers could feel nothing but the coldness of the fresh cloth. At that moment he realized, how much he had fallen for her. He looked aside when her father's loud cries gained his attention. Providing some strength to his heart, he stood up to move toward that middle-aged man. Her mother cried as her hands clutched her husband's shoulders. They were sitting on the floor. He knelt beside them. He has no words to specify them. If she could steal his heart within mere countable minutes, how much she may have been living within them. His palm slowly gripped her father's upper arm.

'She left us beta.. She.. She left us. I don't want to live anymore. For whom I'll live...'

He cried his heart out as shook his head continuously. He quickly took him in his embrace.

A while later, he found himself stepping inside her room. His heart pained severely when saw her pictures hanging on the wall. She was beautiful, so beautiful than he imagined. Her eyes twinkled with unknown happiness and hopes in each picture. She had not forgotten to wear that heart-stealing smile on each pose. His eyes welled up for one more time. His cold yet trembling fingers caressed her face.

'I..I.. Wanted to live with you. Why did you leave me before even meeting me? Why did you leave Annika'

Tears oozed out of his eyes. His eyes ran to each corner of the room. The room was neatly arranged. He can't give her life now, but at least wanted to see her things to feel her presence. He stepped towards her wardrobe and opened it. Gulping the lump in his throat, he smiled emotionally

'You might look pretty in this. But I could not see'

He was talking about a yellow gown, hanging there. A diary caught his attention when lowered his eyes. A pen is placed between the pages to mark a particular page. He knows whatever he doing is meaningless, but his heart did not let him go.

'I talked to him today.... He called me... My fiance. We are strangers.. But I felt like I know him for years when talked to him... I felt so comfortable like we are dating... Uff! How much I am blushing yaar... I must say he is so sweet.... Exactly like the one I wanted. Seems like God is fulfilling my wish to find my soulmate.... Tomorrow we are going to meet for the first time.... Ha! I admit! I am nervous... But still so excited to meet him... '

At the end of the page, she had written their name, with a sign of heart in between

Shivaay ♥ Annika

He could no longer hold him back from breaking down. He cried hard burying his face in her dairy. It was wet with his tears too, like it was wet with her happy tears the previous day

'Annika... I promise you. I will not let that person live in peace, who killed you, who separated us. I will kill him the way he did to you. I promise...'

His hand caressed her dairy. He wondered why did God bring them close so quickly. To break him down?

*******

1 week later,

Shivaay entered the hotel where he is going to stay for the next month as his service is needed at the nearby clinic. He has been trying to find Annika's killer. But no trace was found. Her phone was also burnt along, that police could not get some clues also. He is enquiring everywhere he could, but no one knows about an enemy of hers, who could kill her. All of them said was she is sweet to everyone, she can't even hurt somebody. Each time he heard that he cursed his fate.

Dragging his luggage along, he stood before the room, provided for him. He grabbed the key from his pocket before unlocking the door. A very strange wind hit his face as he stepped inside. He turned behind to lock the door. But to his surprise, the door was locked already. He guessed the wind might have resulted in it. But where did this wind come from, is it possible within the four walls and closed windows? He did not overthink and headed to fresh up. Once he disappeared into the washroom, a very loud breathing sound could be heard in the room. It was a lady's

As it was already night, he had no work for today. Turning on the coffee machine he went to arrange his clothes. He was folding and putting them neatly in the wardrobe. Suddenly he got the smell of burning something, smoke filled in the room. He quickly looked aside to see the coffee machine burning. He rushed to grab a jeg of water and poured it on the sprawling fire. Thankfully, it abated before something dangerous could acquire. But his coffee machine was irreparably burnt. He could do nothing but sigh heavily

Once the arrangement was done, he sat on the bed with an English novel that he is reading currently. It was a crime thriller. He barely read two or three pages before something strange happened. A blood drop fell on the page, exactly where he was reading. He frowned as blood kept on dripping more. He wiped them, it did not disappear rather more blood spread on the page in the form of his fingerprints. When he looked, his hand was also covered in pure blood. A doctor will not be afraid of mere blood though. Is he wounded? He was confused. leaving the book there, he got down from the bed and went to check through mirror. Standing in front of the mirror he closely watched his face. But not even a minor scratch was found. All of a sudden, he jumped back when the mirror crashed out of nowhere.

'Do this 5-star hotel keep such cheap quality things'

He shook his head in disbelief and went back to bed. To his surprise, the book was now all clean and neat like before. Like even a microscope cannot find signs of blood there. He frowned

'Isn't it something weird here'

Shrugging off his thoughts. He kept aside the book and laid down to sleep. Unknown to him, a red eyes were watching him

-----------

All the flashbacks will be revealed in the next update including things between shivaay and Annika. Tell me, should I continue?

At least 100 votes are needed to update.

Leave your reviews too, bye!