first day

today is the first day of school. I'm not that nervous to be honest, making friends has always been pretty easy for me. Since i moved this summer i have not met any new people, but today that is certainly gonna change.

i moved to London about a month ago. i'm still getting used to it, but i actually really enjoy it here. we live around Belsize park.

School starts at 8:30. It is now 7:15 and i just woke up. Even tho summer break just ended, it's already cold outside. I don't mind tho, autumn is my favourite season. I like winter too, especially during Christmas. Basically every season i get to wear warm sweaters.

I get out of bed and take a warm shower. They always help me relax in the mornings. I make myself some tea and a toast and start getting dressed. then i start my makeup. I like to wear natural makeup and enhance my features. My eyes are green and i have alot of freckles. My hair is dark brown and wavy. I usually dont do much with my hair, so today i also wear it down.
When my makeup is also done my mom comes into my room: 'School starts in half an hour, you should go!' 'Yes mom don't worry, i'm just about to leave'. I packed my bag the night before so i don't have to worry about that and i get in the car. I got my drivers licence this summer, so i'm very excited to drive to school by myself. my school is not that far away, just a 5 minute drive.

when i get to school, i walk to the class im supposed to meet all my classmates. Half of them are there, so i am right on time. i sit down next to a pretty girl sitting in the back of the classroom. her hair is blonde and she has little pearl earrings in.

'What is your name?' i ask. 'i am bella, and you?' she responds 'i am ivy, nice to meet you' i say.
'well you too. so i have never seen you around, are you new here?'
'i am actually! i lived in glasgow pretty much my whole life, but i just moved here this summer'.
'well thats cute. how do you like it here? i know the weather isn't all that, but london is quite pretty i think'
'i agree, i really enjoy it here! it is beautiful yes.'
'well im glad. so i'm assuming you don't know anyone here, am i right?'
'You definitely are right, you're the first person i have talked to actually'
'Well im flattered hahahaha. I know some people in this class, but not all of them. Almost everyone is nice tho, so don't worry' she points at a group of girls a few tables in front of us 'these are some of my friends, Lisa, Anna, Amy and Lucy. i'll introduce you in a sec.'

and then a girl walks in. she has black hair and silver jewellery on and a nose piercing at the left side of her nose. her eyeliner is subtle but it fits her. alot. i don't notice i'm staring, but she certainly does. she looks around and we lock eyes for just a second 'whatcha lookin at?' she asks. she doesn't wait for an answer and just sits down at the other side of the classroom.
'oh, thats Robin. dont worry about her, she will loosen up a little when you get to know her better.'
'oh eh. okay' i say. my voice cracks a little but Bella doesn't notice, thank god.

i dont know what is happening. i mean, i know i like girls, i think. but i like pretty girls, like bella. definitely not people like robin. right?. that would be just stupid, shes mean. and for what? i was just looking. am i not aloud to look? what is her problem? jeez. nope i definitely don't like girls like robin. she is just not my type.

the teacher walks in and everyone looks forward. except for robin. she looks at me for a few seconds and then turns around. how do people already hate me the first fucking hour i enter a new school? exhausting.
i listen to the teacher for the next 2 hours. she shows us a presentation with all the rules and things we need to know for the upcoming year. after that we got a small break. we get some time to get to know eachother for a little bit. i speak to Bella's friends, and they are pretty nice. i also talked to some boys in the class, also nice. i feel more at peace looking at this schoolyear and i have a feeling that its gonna be just alright. i have a feeling robin is kind of avoiding me during the whole meeting new people hour, but i dont care. if she has a problem, thats her problem and not mine.