Chapter 2

"Hey, Y/N, I need you to find the first aid kit in my backpack. It should be in the first front pocket." They said, turning to face me. "Got it." I walked over to where we all dropped our bags at the camping site and started to look. F/N was always overprepared, but at least we had someone keeping a close eye on us. We finally landed in Alaska, and our trip was in full swing.

The camp site here was pretty abandoned, so at least we had some privacy. There it is. As I headed back to F/N, a light sense of dread slowly kept up with me. It was probably just nerves about our first night on the trip.

I came back to Chris and David with fully set-up tents on their side of the camp grounds. I've known Chris and David since freshman year of college, but I wasn't as close to them as I was to Y/N, who I've been friends with since freshman year of high school.

We've all been friends for years, and this trip couldn't be a better way to spend more time together in an exciting way. "Here's the first aid kit. Your backpack was full of shit, so it was really difficult to find that. Do you really need all of that?" I asked. His reply was always the same: "Of course I need all of that. What if there were creeps in the woods or, who knows, bears, maybe since we're in Alaska? We need to be prepared." As if any of that is going to happen. I thought it quietly to myself because if F/N heard it, I'd get another lecture on being safe while camping and all his worries.

The only person I hadn't seen yet was Kathleen, Chris' girlfriend. I've known Kat for a year and a half, but she and Chris have been dating for at least a year. We've been friends for a long time, yet I never imagined her joining our friend group.

David seemed to not like her being here too much since it was a friend trip. I think he was just mad that he had no one. I do understand, though, if he doesn't want any drama if her and Chris were to fight, but they've been dating long enough for there to be some trust.

I went with F/N to set up the tent and found Kat coming back with dry wood and rocks for our fire. Later in the evening, we finally had everything together. F/N had twice the amount of food we needed, so we were able to indulge a little bit. He'd yell at us tomorrow, but maybe he'd be too happy to care. After a while, David finally got bored and suggested scary stories like people did as kids. "Oh, come on," He whined. "It's not like anything I say is real. At least let me talk about the locals' story about this place, please." We gave in. He began with, "A little while ago, maybe two to three years ago, locals saw a crash in the woods here. They say it was so loud that it made nearby people's ears bleed."

"Really," Chris deadpanned, raising a brow. "Ears bleeding means the crash had to be loud like a bomb, and that would be heard far away. The news would have reported that." David sighed and annoyedly, continued the story. "Anyways, people wanted to know what happened, so they investigated deep into the woods. Some went missing in this search, and people say that they were killed for getting too close. There was one man who saw it, though. He was traumatized by his encounter and only said things about how you couldn't see them, but they could see you. He talked about this ancient, even alien-looking structure that he said was the cause of all of the mess. All his friends died that day, so it may have been just a wild animal, and his mind got protective and made him forget, but who knows?"

"Cool, bro, now we'll be paranoid. That's a great way to survive alone in the woods." Proclaimed F/N.

'Oh boy.' I closed my eyes and shook my head slightly. This was one way to start camping. I