lore!!

Laminax was first founded on the 16th of November 1950 in New York. One part of the facility was built above ground, while the other part was underground. The building above ground was used to create a vaccine for Polio, while the other half underground was used to research the crystals from a crystal cave found in the 1940s. After the Polio vaccine was released to the public, the scientists discovered that the crystals found in the cave contained a great amount of electricity and could be used as an alternative use of power. Soon, more than 4% of New York was powered by these crystals. More laboratories were then built across the U.S. (Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Alaska, Utah, Montana, Idaho, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon and Indiana.) On the 18th of April 1965, a scientist discovered the first "Gootraxian," a Kaiju. It had been found wandering the crystal cave. They captured it and discovered that it left puddles on the floor where it was kept. They took samples of the puddles and kept it in a glass container. On the 22nd of April 1965, a scientist accidentally dropped his pen into the glass container. The pen floated to the top, but now it was covered in crystals. The scientist ecstatically told his co-workers about his discovery. But as he was about to show his co-workers what he had discovered, the puddle in the glass container seemed to jump onto him, causing him to be infected. The only surviving scientist who saw him become infected described him as "A strange combination of man and beast." The human-animal hybrid attacked the scientists, which caused them to become "Gootrax." This led to a mass evacuation in a 5-mile radius.

The military was called in and were told to kill any Gootrax they found. Shortly after, the authorities labelled the incident as an accidental gas leak. The U.S government decided to demolish the underground lab. Once everyone had left the laboratory, it was destroyed, the only part remaining being the library, which had documents leading back to the American Revolution. Support pillars were built so the cave wouldn't collapse. Railings were built so people wouldn't fall into the pit inside the cave. The bridge that led to a small part of the untouched, original laboratory was destroyed as well. After this incident, the U.S government met with the U.K government in London to sign a deal that would allow Laminax to build facilities across the U.K in order to further research these "Gootraxians." (London, Cardiff, Oxford, Blackpool, Norwich, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton, Glasgow, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Inverness and Belfast.) A second, larger underground lab was finished on the December 26th, 1976. During the summer of 1993, a team of engineers who were inspecting the support pillars in the New York branch noticed that they were quickly losing strength and quality. Laminax tried to fix the problem, but were unsuccessful in doing so, making the problem worse. After the Head of Engineering, Lawrence Balfour looked through a copy of the blueprints for the design of the pillars noticed that there was a design flaw which would cause the pillars to collapse at any given moment.

At the time, the CEO of Laminax was visiting Frankfurt, and noticed a structural engineering company which went by the name of Bergmann and Müller Engineering. The company had locations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark and France. The quality and strongness of their structures fascinated him. He also noticed that they were extremely meticulous with their measurements and work, not missing out on a single detail. He contacted the CEO of the company, Albert Fischer and requested a meeting with him in London. At the meeting in London, the CEO of Laminax offered a multi-million dollar deal for them to purchase their company.

After three weeks of negotiating, Albert finally agreed for Laminax to purchase the structural engineering company. Soon enough, German and French structural engineers from Bergmann and Müller were flown to the New York branch and fixed the pillars. Soon after, Laminax purchased a Japanese steel manufacturing company based in Osaka, named Kaneshiro Steel to reinforce the pillars and support beams.