Part One: The Meeting

In the very first book we see Sophie and Keefe meeting-Sophie has just destroyed Lady Galvin's cape and is struggling through Foxfire's mess of hallways when she comes across Keefe's ditching spot. 

During their conversation, Keefe was surprisingly forward-offering to help, and such-for someone who had fallen victim to such abuse. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about abuse, but I think it might have made it harder to trust people-yet Keefe even went as far to offer friendship. Actually, offer is the wrong word. He didn't force it, but he made it clear it was an option.

I think we'd both agree she took it, wouldn't you?

Anyway, they head to the Healing Center(on a completely unrelated note, he must have known the way quite well, which makes me wonder how many times he'd been there)and Keefe says something that makes Elwin raise his eyebrow. 'Oh no, I can't leave until I've made sure Sophie's alright' or something along those lines. But I'm pretty sure he used Sophie's first name.

Now, why would he do that?

Also, in the next chapter where sophie(or Shannon)explains how the story of The Great Cape Destruction Incident(I think that's it)'Spread around the school like wildfire' Keefe starts to sit at her table at lunch. And when I first read that, I thought, 'Jeez, that's a quick friendship' which may have been wishful thinking. I don't know.

But it's a good start.