Championship

Brittany was the humble star of her soccer team, the defender who prevented so many goals but scored them too.

She was half the reason they were in this final game, having scored the winning goal in the semi final.

Sliding in once more to tackle the away team, she smiled slightly while standing up, after hearing her girlfriend in the crowd cheer the loudest.

Santana was her biggest fan having never missed a game this season, always being encouraging from the front row in the stands. This time, she had the number 2, Brittany's number, painted on her cheek, and was wearing her Jersey with a large smile on her face.

When Brittany first saw the brunette, she almost melted with how adorable she looked, and wanted to go and give her a kiss and a hug. However, she couldn't as she needed to stay focused on the game. They were playing the hardest team of the season yet, and they were very physical.

The score was currently tied at 0-0, and it was just past the 70th minute of the 90 minute game. This was the hardest part of the 90, 20 long minutes still to go, so it was tough mentally. Being the captain, it was Brittany's job to encourage and keep everyone going. She yelled out a few motivating words whilst clapping her hands as she ran up to get ready for a corner her team-mate had won.

They really needed to push in these last 20 minutes, if everyone didn't put their shift in then all their hard work could be for nothing. She trusted her team though, and knew they could pull through. They had dominated this 2nd half, but needed a goal to show for it.

Brittany could still hear her girlfriend cheering, this gave her the energy push she needed for the remainder of the game.

About 5 minutes ago, Brittany was given a good opportunity from a corner, but the goalkeeper had made a good save. She'd been in her head about it since then, if she'd just hit it a bit more to the left with a it more power then it would've gone in. She knew that she couldn't beat herself up about it though, that wasn't a good mindset and she needed to concentrate on this oncoming corner.

The ball in was a good one, and the captain timed her jump so she could generate enough power to header the ball. Calling her name as she jumped so her teammates knew she was claiming it, Brittany pushed all the energy she could manage into her header.

Feeling an elbow in her ribs, and a tangle of feet below her, she fell to the ground not able to watch the direction of the ball. A jumble of bodies collapsed on top of her but a roar of the crowd made her look up and push the bodies off her.

A rush of adrenaline ran through Brittany's body as she saw the ball in the back of the net and her team-mates surrounding her. Running towards her teammate who took the corner, they pulled each other into a hug.

After this celebration, Brittany looked into the crowd and made a heart with her hands, showing it in the direction of her screaming girlfriend. Santana reciprocated this action and blew the blonde a kiss, and being the dork she was, caught this kiss and placed it on her cheek throwing a thumbs up back in her direction whilst running back to her half.

Now nearing the 80th minute, the game seemed to be dragging on a bit. Brittany was getting frustrated that her team was making sloppy mistakes, worried that it would cost them the game. Luckily, the defense was solid and the opposition wasn't very clinical.

They were just defending a corner now, which was conceded because of another poor pass, but luckily the shot had been blocked and put behind.

Brittany stood in the middle of the box shouting out instructions, ready to get this ball out. As the team kicked the corner in, Brittany once again jumped and called for the ball, getting a clear hit on the ball with her head, one of the perks of being tall. Though it wasn't just the ball that got contact on the blonde, the player she was defending also got a clear hit on her head, completing miss timing her attack on the ball.