Post-breakup

Present day, 5 years later
********************************************"Hey Shua, would you mind coming other?"
Giwa's voice was breaking, even though he was trying to hide the fact that he was crying. He was hoping the statics would unable Joshua to hear it.
"Are you okay?"
Joshua's voice sounded worried. No wonder, since Giwa had called him at 2 in the morning, with a broken voice, asking him to come over.
"Where are you?".
Giwa wiped a tear. This question was easier to answer.
"At home"
Joshua sighed. He knew Giwa's house better than his own, ever since he had left his house  for an appartement.
"Coming. You want anything?"

He pushed the door open without knocking, holding a bottle of whiskey in his hands. Even though Giwa had told him to come with nothing, he had still taken his favorite.
Giwa was lying down on his couch, one hand on his stomach and the other trying to wipe tears away.
"Hi. Thanks for coming"
Joshua knelt and sat down on the floor, his back on the couch.
"Don't worry about it. That's what friends are for"
He opened the bottle and handed it to the wreck on the couch. Giwa sat up, and drank and drank before giving it back. They both stayed silent.
"Wanna tell me what happened?". Joshua's question broke the charm.  Giwa sighed and passed a hand through his sand-colored hair.
"Arthur broke up with me".
Joshua turned around, his jaw dropping with surprise. "What!?!"
Giwa sighed again. "He was here earlier tonight. He said some things, but I don't remember anything he said after "I'd rather we just be friends". I was shocked enough".
He grabbed the bottle from Joshua's hand and took a sip. Joshua had started talking again, but to Giwa his voice was only mere background noise. He couldn't concentrate on the words, mostly because he did not want to.
Arthur was his high school sweetheart and his first kiss with a guy and his first love. Their relationship had lasted 5 years. How could Joshua, the biggest playboy, know anything about love? He had trouble remembering the name of the girl in his bed when he woke up.
He finally decided to stop his friend's nonsense. "Please, just shut up. Stay silent, and bear with me".
Joshua's mouth opened, closed, and opened again. He finally opted for the easy option: drinking from the bottle.
Giwa's phone started ringing all of a sudden. He looked at it, unsure what to do.
"It's Arthur". He sighed, giving his phone to Joshua.
"Please take it".
Joshua looked at Giwa, surprised by his demand. Seeing his friend's face, who was extenuated, sad and out of hope, he answered. "Hella Arthur. It's Joshua, on behalf of Giwa".
Silence.
"Why are you hanging out with Giwa at 3 in the morning?"
"Oh god", thought Joshua.
Giwa took the phone back and whispered into it.
"He's here for moral support since you broke up with me, moron. Also why do you care? We're not together anymore"
Joshua looked at Giwa's face as he was listening to Arthur.
*******************************************
Author's note: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this. Tell me what you think is gonna happen next! I m sorry for finishing on a kind of cliffhanger but hey, hopefully you'll come back!
I have no idea how long this book should be (most parts will be about this length I think) but tell me if you'd rather it be long or short or if the chapters should be longer.
Thank you for reading!!
Astrid_222