✎ Character Introduction

↬Katagiri Yuuichi:
17
170.7 centimeters
Broke
INTJ
Birthday unknown

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

↬The Vampire traits Yuuichi possesses: (sɔıʇǝuǝ⅁ ǝɯos ɹoɟ ʎpɐǝɹ ʇǝɓ)
His so-called Vampire-ness is due to a disease called the "Bloodsucker's Syndrome". This disease is due to a deficiency of ferritin and hemosiderin in the liver and spleen. Due to this, the body is unable to produce an amount of Red Blood Cells (Erythrocytes) which carry out the transport of oxygen. This is why people with this disease need to ingest blood, so the ferritin in it could help in their blood deficiency.

It may be noted that the blood type, group, or animal it is derived from does not matter. Because the blood is ingested via the mouth and is not transfused, the above-mentioned things are not of importance.

Bloodsucker's Syndrome is a genetic disease, which happens to be an X-linked recessive trait. It means that it can only be passed on from maternal grandfather to grandson through a carrier mother. Females rarely catch this disease, because to be prevalent in them, their both X-chromosomes would have to be recessive. In males, however, due to the presence of only a single X-chromosome, this disease dominates much more quickly.

If the blood is not ingested quickly in critical conditions, the patient may develop hysteria and within a few hours, death may occur.

Patients also develop immune resistance to every type of blood, therefore, it is not harmful to them. Special immune cells called the Killer H cells (H for Haem=Blood) dissolve any harmful substances or inhibitors present in the ingested blood by their strong lysozymes.

Note that this disease is very different from the normal deficiency of iron in the blood or anemia. Iron deficiency can be restored time and again, but for it to be a genetic disease, no cure is available.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

↬Phenotype of Bloodsucker's Syndrome:
A person suffering from Bloodsucker's syndrome may develop certain "Vampire-like" traits. 

‣  Pale color, due to the lack of blood.
‣  Long canines, which develop after a child hits puberty.
‣  Pointed ears, due to the production of an unknown protein made because of the irregularities in the genome.
‣ Significantly pink ears and lips.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

↬Awareness of this disease in the world:
Bloodsucker's Syndrome is a very rare disease, only present in 0.5% of the world population. Due to its extreme rarity, not much research is done on it and it still remains a complex mystery in the minds of scientists and researchers.

Because of the little to no common knowledge about it, people are not aware of the disease that much, and the patients with this particular disease are surrounded by many stereotypes and false accusations from the community around them. People with Bloodsucker's Syndrome are treated very harshly and put into the same category as AIDS patients. Due to this, they face social stigma and eventually plunge into depression.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

A/N: I made almost half of it up, so don't mind any mistakes! I am studying medicine as a major so I knew I had to make a story where I could flaunt my infinite knowledge. ໒(⊙ᴗ⊙)७✎▤

You guys, probably:
┬┴┬┴┤ᵒᵏ (・_├┬┴┬┴

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏