A New Chapter

Beca hadn't planned to go to university. She hadn't planned to pack up her music production gear, hadn't planned to sit in a cab headed to the university her father teaches at, hadn't planned to lug her things across campus and have a repeat of the same BS that goes on in high school.

Beca was ready for life. She was ready to work on her career as a DJ and producer, ready to take her work seriously and make a name for herself, ready to stop wasting time on aforementioned BS and finally live the life she's been working towards from the moment she put on her headphones and discovered a different world in them.

Now, she's stuck at Barden University for a minimum of 1 year with her dad holding over incentive that was too good to pass up. See, Papa Mitchell was smart. He knew that offering to pay for Beca's career launch with her travels to LA and her apartment payments would be too good to pass up. So that's exactly what he offered IF, and it's a giant if, Beca tries a year of university at Barden.

Beca's pulling along her suitcase with her backpack on, headphones on her head, taking angry steps towards her dorm room. Finally, she makes it to the door to find it open with her roommate already settled in and saying goodbye to what seems like are her parents. As her roommates parents step out, Beca introduces herself with a little wave, "Hey, I'm Beca."

To her surprise there are people in the world that hit higher on the anti-social scale than herself. Beca doesn't know if she's offended at her roommates silence or just flat out impressed by her composure as she rolls her eyes and turns back to her desk, organizing her stationaries.

Beca purses her lips together, let's out an awkwardly whispered  "...okay then" and turns around to follow her roommates lead and setup her belongings in the room. She starts with her production equipment as that's the most important thing to her, but makes her way to the boxes laid out in front of her bed next. Beca brought her equipment to the room herself, but her clothes and other personal belongings were delivered for her by the Barden cart service they offered on move- in day. She was thankful for that considering how far she walked to get to her dorm.

After spending the rest of the day settling in she collapsed on her bed waiting for what orientation week has in store for her.
—————————————