+ Bruises [PT2]+

(Same trigger warnings as last chapter! <33)

I woke up earlier than the others, I held my cheek where Ben had..

I was still lying in my bed with my eyes closed. I felt the side of my face heating up, getting warmer as the sun's UV rays hit me.

I sat up and ignored the fatigue that desecrated my life.

Why do I never get enough sleep..

I looked around at everything, everything seemed normal despite what had happened last night.

The adrenaline and memories from last night still hadn't hit me.

I'd usually hear running water from the shower... But I didn't hear anything. Just pure silence, not an awkward one. Just a relaxing and calm silence.

The absence of running water was soon replaced with the growls and noises of dinosaurs in the distance. The faint singing of birds could be heard in the trees.

Where was Kenji?

He'd been the one who would get into the shower and waste all of the water. He'd wake everyone with his loud singing or his complaints of how he'd run out of water.

The sudden realization of last night came running back. The stress, the search, sobbing, screaming, exhaustion, the bruises and the injuries..

Everything flooded back.

Great..

From my bed I could see Brooklynn, Sammy, and Yaz in their beds. They were all sleeping.

I put my shoes on.

Fucking hell I'm surprised these still fit me.

I didn't want anyone else to wake up just yet. I just wanted to make sure Ben was okay, and talk to him about.. Last night.

Thinking about it, Ben usually slept on the couch as there wasn't really anywhere else to sleep. But other times he'd just sleep where ever he happened to place his pillow and blanket.

I looked around, wondering where Ben had put himself this time. His second favorite spot was by the shower, he said its because the sun always shone there. 

I remember seeing Kenji kick Ben, hard, in the side. I didn't think anything of it then. Has this abusive 'friendship' between Ben and Kenji been going on for a while?

I checked the shower, the couch, inside the shower, I checked everywhere he would've been able to fit himself. I couldn't find him anywhere.

I leaned over the railings.

Bumpy's still here.. He wouldn't leave without her.

I stopped zoning out and realized Bumpy was staring into my soul. Her eyes little pools of pitch black. She wouldn't stop staring, it scared me.

I stood up straight again and tried to forget about Bumpy's traumatizing glare.

I heard muffled snoring and looked around myself frantically.

Snoring. Really Ben? Scared the shit out of me.

Ben was a loud snorer, it was very obvious and a well known fact. Surprisingly, I had somehow completely forgotten about it.

He kept people awake with his snoring, so he normally covered his face with his pillow to quieten the noise.

However, he wasn't the best at remembering. So falling asleep before him was a privilege, and was just overall good luck.