Shoko / Yaga

Shoko still held a handkerchief tightly in her fist; gunshots could be heard coming from the television. With tears in her eyes, she shook her head in disbelief as she watched images of men crawling through the mud.

It had been a little over an hour since she had pronounced one of her closest friends dead and done him the last favor by making him decent. She had left him in a freezer, it sounded bizarre, the very thought was odd. Satoru was with him, not wanting to leave his side.

Poor Satoru, he had done the hardest thing ever. But Geto could have killed the students, children. There was already a death sentence hanging over Geto's head and Gojo did him a favor by doing it himself.

At the thought, Shoko shot back into tears, her stomach seemed to turn over and she felt nauseous. And now, now she was alone in the basement. On a couch, watching a stupid War movie. She hated this movie so much, but it was Geto's favorite.

On the phone next to her she saw a missed call, she had not noticed at all that she had been called. She sighed deeply and reached for the phone. On the screen appeared '1 missed call, Yaga'. Somehow he is always caring, but still is made her uneasy. What did he want.

After a few deep breaths she felt calmed down. She unlocked the phone and pressed the button to call back. A cheerful tune suddenly sounded from the stairs and Shoko shot straight up.

"I thought you were here doc." Yaga the principal came walking down the stairs and his large figure filled the doorway.

"You called, did you need anything?" Only when she spoke aloud did Shoko hear that her voice was hoarse.

The man walked up to her and shook his head no, his masculine scent filled the room. "I just wanted to know how you were?"

"Me?" the doctor whispered. She sighed "fine though, shouldn't you be more worried about Satoru or the kids?"

"There are more people than just me. And you just did something unimaginably difficult." Yaga came to stand across from her, he took his sunglasses off his face and looked at her with his sharp eyes directedon her.

Then Shoko put a hand on his forearm "thank you" she whispered. It felt good that he was here, with her.

Then gunshots sounded again from the television. "What the hell are you watching?" yelled Yaga in fright.

She began to giggle "Full Metal Jacket, a movie that Geto absolutely adored."

Already staring at the television Yaga sat down "Geto? Our Geto liked this?"

Shoko came and sat next to him "yes, I think it's terrible. But I didn't know what to do either. I, I" her words died out.

"Doc, you can ask for help as well. You're not alone." Yaga turned to her. Shoko stared at the TV and bit her lip.

Her hand was shaking, the handkerchief that was in her fist had become a frump.

At that moment she felt two large hands wrap around those slender hands of hers. "Girl, you are allowed to cry too."

For a moment she lost control, her lip was trembling and her breath halted. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Two wide strong arms surrounded her and she was pulled against a broad chest. Yaga had wrapped her up in a hug. For the first time, Shoko felt safe.

A few seconds turned into a minute, a few minutes. Taking a deep breath, Shoko felt herself becoming calmer. His heartbeat felt like a soothing drum. "Thank you" she gently thanked.

He released her and both turned towards the television, Yaga left an arm on the back of the sofa. A kind of invitation for when she needed another hug. "So a classic war movie?" He asked.