Shoko X MeiMei

The sun is high in the clear blue sky, the bright light surprised Mei Mei as she walked out the pitiful meeting room of the Tokyo Jujutsu high school. She wondered why she had joined in the first place. But it was her curiosity, perhaps a trip down memory lane back to her roots. The time before she had become a hireling for money.

With her flat hand she shielded her eyes from the light of the sun. She could still hear the crows crowing in the forest. Quietly she stepped into the garden, something gnawed at her. Someone important had not been present at the meeting. Utahime had informed her where she could find this person.

A smirk appeared on the face of the always charming Mei Mei. It had been a few years since she had seen her friend. Although Mei Mei was always driven by money, she a small selected circle of people who were dear to her. And this person was almost one of the closest of them all.

"It's so boring here" Mei Mei grumbled for a moment as she walked along a deserted path towards another building. Still her birds could be heard in the distance. Everyone had withdrawn; of course, it was also a big attack. Poor kids, she thought sarcastically. She had to admit, she was impressed with some of the students. But the current organization that was running this goodwill event really could have spent more money on basically everything. For a moment Mei Mei shook her head in incredulous disappointment. "I hope they pay you well" she thought about her friend.

A warm breeze stroked Mei Mei alongside her cheeks. The other building came into view, a wounded man in bandages sat next to the entrance in the shadows. It stinks of pathetic people here Mei Mei thought as she rested a slender hand on her hip.

For a moment she pushed her braid aside and looked at the building. Something in her stomach felt peculiar, something she felt years ago. Mei Mei was attempting to just ignore this feeling.

Hip swinging, she walked through the building looking for her friend. Until further down the corridor she heard a door open. Mei Mei stopped and observed what came out of the opening door.

A shadow very quietly closed the door behind it and leaned against the wall next to passageway. The shadow wore a white doctor's coat; it wiped its forehead for a moment.

"Shoko what are they doing to you girl! Why don't you have a luxury hospital building?" Mei Mei looked at her friend with pleasure in her eyes.

Completely surprised, Shoko stared into the dark hallway with somewhat tired eyes "Mei Mei? Is that you?"

Shoko's heart made a jump. This woman was a dangerous one; When Mei Mei comes close things always happen.

At a leisurely pace, Mei Mei walked towards her. She was even more beautiful than she had been before, Shoko thought almost anxiously to herself. "Nice dress" she remarked. Shoko just didn't know how to come up with anything that quickly.

"Ah this old thing?" Mei Mei grabbed the black fabric between her fingers for a moment but quickly let go of it as well.

For a second Shoko looked at her doctor's coat, it was her pride and joy but it wasn't pretty.

"But I did miss you at the meeting" Mei Mei's voice was sultry, her gaze fixed on Shoko.

The girls shared a glance. Shoko spoke softly "there were some wounded, including students. Their health comes before every kind of meeting."

"You are always so nurturing "remarked Mei Mei. She came to stand in front of Shoko who was still leaning against the wall of the hallway.

"Well it's kind of my job" chuckled the brunette.

Mei Mei let her hand slide over her friend's dull doctor's coat. "Couldn't they give you a better quality coat?"

Shoko stared at Mei Mei, her makeup was perfect, her lips so full and her look so self-confident. Her beauty should almost be forbidden.