3. the lesbian friends and the acquaintance

Eve has been a friend of Alice's for decades ever since she moved to the states, and an even better one since she moved back with her partner Villanelle.

Eve and Alice have had many wine nights. Sometimes Villanelle and Alice force Eve to a fancy restaurant, and other nights Villanelle drags them to a ridiculously expensive restaurant.

Right now they're out with one of Villanelle's new work acquaintances. So tonight is a friends of friends night.

The acquaintance, Lois, continues her sex life  spiel: "Terra is trying to convince me to get a nipple ring. Make things a bit more exciting."

Taking advantage of the woman's eyes being on her lover, Alice whispers to Eve, "How did we get from appetizers to nipple clamps."

Eve hides a smirk behind her glass, "I wish I knew."

"She is just..." Lois traces her tall, leather jacket wearing, motorcycle riding lover's jaw, "...fantastic."

"I am so out of place," Alice mumbles to her friend.

"No- don't leave me," Eve stands, "I'll get you another drink."

"You do that," when Alice looks back to the group the biker woman is staring at her.

"I need a refill," gaze locked, she kisses Lois's shoulder.

Villanelle's eyes widen and she leans in, "You were not lying. Tell me more."

Lois looks like she was waiting to be asked to elaborate, "She tied us together and strapped a dual butterfly between us."

"Butterfly?" Alice mutters to herself.

Villanelle looks at her, confused for a whole different reason, "A vibrator, Alice."

A small oh squeaks out.

"I suggest you invest," Lois goes to pat Villanelle's hand but decides against it, "I came three times."

"I will keep that in mind. Eve is iffy about certain things but will try anything twice."

Alice did not need that information on her childhood friend.

Lois straightens her posture, "Terra's coming back, sh sh sh!"

Instead of returning to her chair, Terra stands beside Alice so their legs are touching. When Terra stretches to place a fresh drink in front of Lois, her breasts graze her shoulder.

Villanelle pulls a fake conversation from thin air, "Wow really? Whole ceiling repainted?"

After a long sip, Terra pulls her chair to where she's standing and takes a seat as she addresses Alice, "I've heard from everyone, but you, what's your story?"

"Story?" Alice fidgets with her pearl necklace, "believe me I have no story."

Terra is not deterred, "Well what's your pelasure? What do ya like? What gets you hot?" she stretches her arm to hold the back of Alice's chair, "your fantasy?"

Alice can only laugh -a very nervous one- but she relaxes slightly when Eve returns with a drink for her.

"No fantasies?" Terra tries again.

"No," Alice's eyes follow the condensation leaving her class onto the table, "I'm married."

"Fucking hell," Eve claps a hand on her shoulder.

Villanelle smirks at her girlfriend, "Been there?"

"Oh fuck you." Eve retorts.

Terra looks to Lois- who is no longer enjoying herself, "She playing coy with me? What is it that you just simply can't resist?"

Lois stands and grabs the biker's collar playfully, "You evidentially, and I would like to take advantage of this buzz of yours."

Alice swallows as Terra looks over her, "Well—"

Attention shifted, Terra hums, "Alright ladies," her eyes drop to Alice's cleavage, "I like the pearls."

Alice clutches said necklace, "Oh- i- thank you." she finally exhales when the two women leave.

Villanelle fans Alice with the paper menu, "She was not very subtle. You look like you need a double or maybe a triple?"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Alice watches Villanelle move one of Eve's curls back into place and the shorter woman unintentionally smile back.

"What is it I'm missing?" Alice wonders aloud, "I know it when I see it- even them, I felt it."

"Oh god, you could feel them in New Jersey," Eve waves her hand in the direction of- well New Jersey, "honestly we work like hell, don't we?"

"We keep it exciting." Villanelle adds pleased.

"Work I can do, it's the other part...I'm gonna tell you something that I have never told anyone before," Alice tries to convey the incoming weight of her secret.

The couple shares a brief look and nod.

"Eve, you know pretty much everything there is to know about me."

She nods again.

"Right. Well- I've never..." Alice waves her hands and wiggles her eyebrows.

"I don't understand. I can tell it is not good between you and Taint—"

Eve rolls her eyes at her partner, "It's Hank."

"It's not that- i- oh for god sakes. I've never- I haven't..."

"No," Eve holds Villanelle's arm tighter, "you've never come?"

"Oh," Villanelle leans back in her seat, "shame. You are a beautiful woman Alice. Had it been a year ago I would have made you come."

Alice covers face with one hand as Eve takes hold the other, urging her to continue, "Truth is Hank and I do it twice a year- and we're both fine with that."

"Alice, you must masterbate—"

Mortified, she looks around, "Oh my gosh!"

Villanelle's amusement is obvious, "What? Masterbate? It's a good place to start, Alice. For you to learn what your body likes. I tell Eve how I masterbate all the time."

Eve doesn't acknowledge the statement, "What's going on, Al?"

"I've been to a bunch of doctors, a bunch of therapists, I think somethings wrong with me. I've never had that passion in my life. Is it so wrong for me to want that?"

"Not. At All. Let's get you home, babe. Come over tomorrow night, have dinner with us- we'll come up with something, promise," she stops Alice's customary response, "don't bother checking your calendar. Fuck your schedule and be there at 8."