𝐎𝐍𝐄

KEVIN PEREZ/KAY POV

KEVIN PEREZ/KAY POV

SOUTH, BRONX;;
MONDAY, AUG 14 1996,
7:05 A.M.

"Damn, fuck is you frowning up at me for?"

I watch Kayla roll her eyes.

Out of all the females, why her annoying ass gotta be my baby momma?

I'm here on time with Sky for once. I woke up mad early to give her a bath, find a nice ass fit for her, and take the train all the way here since Kayla hate when I just bring her in her pajamas and shit. I even put some of them lil bows in her hair and she got the lil Jordans for toddlers on. So ion know what Kayla so mad for.

"Why you got my baby out here with her hair fucked up, Kevin?" She complains, taking Sky from my arms and mugging me.

"Fuck is you talkin bout? You don't see them bows in her head?" I mug her ass back. "She gone be inside all day anyway. She a baby. It's not like she goin nowhere-"

"You sound mad dumb." Kayla tells me. She runs her hands through Sky hair, frowning. "You know I take her everywhere with me. You could've at least combed it."

"I tried. She start cryin when I do, and you know ion wanna hear that." I say, reaching over to squeeze Sky chubby cheeks.

She start giggling and drooling and shit, making me smile. Even if it was over somethin little, I hate hearing her cry.

"I wish yo ass knew how to listen to me like you do them hoes you be with." Kayla rolls her eyes, "How many times I gotta tell you, you need to spray it with a detangling spray or water before you comb it."

"Where I'm posed to get that from?"

"The store!" Kayla yells. She the only person I know can be this mad at seven in the morning. "Where else? Yo, you getting me mad tight. Just give me my money cause it's the fourteenth, and go run off to be with one of ya lil hoes."

I suck my teeth before reaching in my pocket and pulling out my wallet. I hand Kayla a few hundreds. I had to practically beg my moms for it before I left this morning. The only reason I put up with Kayla and her mouth is cause I know if I piss her off enough, she'll take me to court and I'll have to pay more than I can barely afford now.

I told my moms I would start looking for a job so she'll stop complaining every time I ask her to cover half for Sky. But I just be sayin shit. I'm really not tryna work no part time shit. I'm tryna make some real money, enough to where paying Kayla won't leave me broke for the rest of the week. Dougie been hinting at some shit all summer bout making some money, I'm just waitin on him to stop bullshittin and say what it is.

While Kayla count the money, I lean down and kiss Sky on her cheek. Then she start off with that baby talk, a lot of gibberish and tryna grab my face with her lil ass hands. I tell her I love her and shake her lil hand before leaning over and tryna give her moms a kiss on the cheek. And that's when Kayla slam the door in my face.