Chapter Three

Okay so I'm doing something different here. In your original world bloodhound had a name give them whatever name you'd like. In this world they will be bloodhound. Just trying to make things more interesting:) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To your surprise Natalie was not fazed by the story at all no hint of shock or anything just sheer amazement. It had taken you years to accomplish dimensional travel you would have expected a different reaction kinda bothered you actually. This is a futuristic world. Maybe they're attempting it as well. Natalie brought her hands together to do a little clap. 

"Well congratulations! What inspired you to achieve this?" 

You hadn't really told her the whole truth. If you did what would she think? Probably that you have selfish intentions. Actually was it really selfish what you did? 

"Oh uh I just wanted to uh change the world and leave a mark!" 

You pull a huge smile hoping she doesn't question you further about it. 

"Well I'm certain you did even if you cant return at the moment. By the way what was your world like." 

She got closer and placed her chin on her hands like a child. She seemed really interested. 

"Well nothing like this you guys are far more advanced for it being 20XX. And-" 

You noticed her expression changed as you had said the year. She sat up and looked you dead in the eyes. 

"We're not 20XX. We're in the year 2733. And I'm sure you think your on earth as well. But you're not." 

Your heart dropped. How was this possible? Not only are you in a totally different time line but in a different area of space as well. That only means they are dead. You clench you fits. This really was all for nothing you failed. A lump in your throat starts to form as tears begin to fill your eyes. Natalie quickly gets up to be by your side to comfort you. She brings your head to her chest and starts to rub your hair. It's been a long time since anyone has held you like this it only makes you tear up more. Maybe that void threw you here on purpose. This was the universes way of laughing at you. This was your karma for leaving your family and friends to fulfill your needs. You wrap your arms around Natalie sobbing at this point. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry." 

You pull away to look up at her. She was a such kind person. I hope she doesn't see me any different. 

"I wasn't being completely honest with you." 

She tilts her head in confusion as she slow pulls away from you hug. 

"I don't care about all that changing the world stuff. I wasn't going to tell you but now it doesn't really matter does it." 

You let out a sigh and wipe away some tears 

"I did it because someone I loved died. I couldn't accept the fact they were gone. So I gathered a team tricking them into thinking we were going to accomplish something amazing. But I lied. I only wanted to be with them again." 

Your head drops in shame as tears start to flood in again. Natalie feet come into view as she drops to her knees. She then lifts your head slightly. 

"I know how you feel. We all handle death differently. And I'm sure your partner would see no shame in that." 

She brings you into a hug. You hadn't thought about that. What would they think about your actions? Would they be angry with you? You guys stay in a hug for a bit till Natalie lets out an Ah. She pulls away from you with a smile on your face.