Things Change

{A/N: Photo above is Jennifer's new suit}

Jennifer's POV:

After our time travel adventure, Splinter sent Leo off to Central America for training to become a better leader. It was surprising, but he promised to stay in touch as we all said our goodbyes. That was two years ago; we last heard from him a few months ago. A lot's changed within the last 730 days, give or take. We all turned 18, then 19; Donnie got a job working IT tech support over the phone, Mikey works as a costumed entertainer for kids' birthday parties, April & Casey own a shipping company that locates and acquires relics for collectors, and Raph & I got married just over a year ago. We each took the name 'Hamato' in honor of our surrogate ancestors. So far, married life's been absolute paradise.

Also, we've become the city's vigilante crime fighters: The Nightwatcher & Archangel. No one knows about our secret identities except the two of us, and we'd like to keep it that way. Raph wears a metal suit and drives a motorcycle to make sure no one recognizes us. Meanwhile, I underwent a costume change, complete with a mask covering everything but my eyes.

We're overlooking the city, our helmet and mask off, as the police scanner radios a report.

Scanner: "Twenty-eight-oh-two, twenty-eight-oh-two. Burglary in progress at 55th & Broadway. Suspects considered armed & dangerous."

Raph: "Time to punch in."

Raph dons his helmet while I don my mask and sit behind him on the motorcycle.

Me: "Let's move, Hot Shot."

I hold tightly onto Raph from behind as he drives the motorcycle down to the burglary's address. When we arrive, the robbers escape by bursting a hole through the brick wall. Raph uses his chains to drag two men over to him and away from their friends while I pull the biggest one into the shadows to knock him unconscious. Then, Raph whips his chain into the ringleader, tossing him into a garbage bin before Raph and I leap side-by-side out of the shadows.

Me: "Looks like it's just you and us, Shaky."

Raph: "Take it easy. We're not gonna hurt you, much. Boo!"

The man screams and runs off.

Me: "You ride in from behind. I'll head him off on foot."

Raph nods as he hops onto his motorcycle while I run after the guy on foot. We communicate through a comm-link built into his helmet in such situations.

Raph: "I love when they play hard to get."

Me: "Yeah, more fun for us."

I leap off the rooftops to stand before the man when we reach another alley, Raph behind him on his motorcycle. Raph stalks towards us on foot when the man grabs me and points the gun at my head. The gun isn't loaded based on the noise it's making in his shaky hand.

Tony: "Stay back or I'll shoot her."

I roll my eyes and deliver an uppercut punch to his jaw, knocking him out.

Raph: "Could've been loaded."

Me: "It could've been, but it wasn't. No gun I've ever seen makes a noise like that when loaded. Besides, running from justice, the guy was asking for it."

Raph removes his helmet with a smile.

Raph: "God, I love you."

I smirk as Raph wraps his chains around my waist, then gently pulls me toward him and pulls me into a passionate kiss. Yep, married life agrees with us. Afterward, we round up the robbers, tie them up from a streetlight, and ride off into the night.