#FIRSTSIGHT.

—I LOVE YOU, GEMINI'

Gemini never recognised me, but i always recognised her.

I wasn't crazy, or a freak that was obsessed with her. But I just love, and couldn't contain myself from gazing at her plump, two-toned lips that always seemed to beckon me to brush mine against them, the way the sun just seemed to always glistened on her fair darkskin as if she were the main character, and she was.

Gemini was my main character in my head, my dreams and in reality.

She was soft spoken but rambled on without stopping when she was around people that made her feel comfortable, people that made her feel normal.

Despite being surrounded by a group of friends, Gemini always had that one girl beside her at all times. My guess was that it was her best friend or her cousin.

She was the complete opposite to Gemini though, she was hardheaded, always got her in some trouble.

Me and Gemini shared the same classes, but we've never crossed paths. I always sat behind her, inhaling her sweet perfume that always filled up my nose like a drug.

And she sat in front of me, not laying a single eye touch mine. Not even a small jerk of her head turning around to face me. It sucked.

I never had the courage to speak to her, or anyone in general. I know others in class would assume i was a shy kid, but i wasn't.

I always kept to myself, never spoke first because i never knew how to start conversations; i lacked communication.

"Move your arms or i'ma jump on your ribs." I sighed, keeping a tight grip on the phone i held.

Fights like this tend to happen all the time, usually over some childish shit—a girl. Being in college you'd think men like us would mature up.

Some do and some still play that role of their high school years replaying in the back of their heads. It was tiring, but these were my friends.

"Jack this nigga Rome!" I had to show a small part of interest, i was never a fan of fighting or partying out late but my father always told me you had to live your life; it was college, you had to feel the experience in the atmosphere.

But the whole time i just wanted to experience love, the feeling of someone looking after you like they were you mother. The feeling of nurture and teamwork when you look after each other,

And the feeling of being connected by each other's touch, sense, emotions; falling asleep beside each other knowing nothing bad will happen because our bodies are connected like little puzzles.

I wanted to experience that, i wanted to learn how to love. I wanted Gemini to fall in love with me.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

new book, lmfaoaoaa.