TWO

NOT SO PERFECT

JUNO LEON WAS GOING MAD, that was one thing Liam Callan was certain of as he sat on her kitchen island, watching her take a lighter to a bouquet of daisies whilst she screamed down the phone to her ex

"You're sorry?" She yelled, the slightest hint of laughter behind her words."Which time are you apologising for? When you fucked her in the back of a limo or when you screwed her on my birthday?"

On the other side of the phone, Liam could hear Jai bellow something back at the girl, to which she replied. "You know what, you're right." Her voice was now calm, but by god if you'd seen the look in her eyes Liam had half the mind to believe the star was going to burn the whole house down "these shitty flowers totally make up for you fucking Emilia Richie five times in our hotel room."

The Irish man didn't know if he should intervene ( to be honest, he wasn't even sure why she'd rushed him over. All he was told was to bring red wine and a baseball bat ) but, seeing as he loathed the very ground Jai Dayal walked on, he figured he should let her yell for a bit longer. The asshole deserved it.

"You really want me back?" She paused for a moment, the flames of the daisies reflected in her eyes, orange flickers cascaded across her dark pupils. "No, you listen to me for once in your fucking life." Her voice was calm yet sharp and menacing all at once. "I could destroy your entire career with one press conference. If you don't stop sending me shit I'll tell everyone what you did last October, the cheating scandal will be an added bonus to kill your already dying career."

By that point the daisies had disintegrated into nothingness. She turned back to Liam, a half-smile on her face. "Line went dead."

He watched as she strolled nonchalantly towards him, cremated flowers in hand. "Bat, please." She extended her free hand, looking at the ashen daisies with disgust.

At that point, he'd realised why she'd called. You see, Liam Callan was a firm believer in breaking things when he was mad. And he was the only person she knew who would let her do just that. So, he handed her the wooden bat.

It was like a murder scene, the way that Juno bashed the remains of the daisies until they were nothing more but black mush on the floor. Liam was surprised that blood hadn't oozed its way out of the flowers across her varnished oak flors.

When Juno finally took a pause in her brutal attack, she sighed deeply. Lifting her head back up, she ran the bat underneath the kitchen sink, clumps of ash fell off. "Now that that's done," she announced, handing the bat back to Liam, their eyes locked as they shared a knowing look. She knew he wouldn't no, couldn't tell anyone about her... outburst. "Are you ready to get pissed beyond belief?"

The man's eyebrows crinkled together, "always. Why?"

"Best actress Oscar nomination. Guess whose manager is organising a celebratory get-together?"

Liam shot up, embracing her in the tightest hug he could possibly fathom. "I'm so fucking proud of you, June." He whispered, before adding. "Also, perfect excuse to drink your problems away." He wasn't wrong, and Juno had never been so thankful for Nathalie Aven.

She nodded slowly a grin creeping onto her face. "You read my mind. I'm about to throw the best fucking party you've ever been to in your life."

authors note.
hi! how's everyone?