5

When Harry starts walking a few days later, it's with Louis by his side. His little giggles filling up the room at the sound of everybody around him cheering him on. The two mothers bursting with fond at the sight of the older boy gently holding his hand when Harry takes his first steps.

It goes without saying that over the next few years, Harry grows up knowing that Louis is always there and Louis grows to adore the little one even more.

When Harry turned four, he asked Louis for the first time why the latter insisted on telling people that they're soulmates and not just friends like the other kids they know, and Louis ever so proudly explained that soulmates gets to love each other forever, and that he was going to love Harry forever.

And in that moment, Louis smiled a smile that reached his eyes when the younger boy promised that he would love him forever as well.

Yes, for a good three years after Harry's first birthday, it's just been the two of them and basically everything the little one knows, he's learned from his best friend.

His soulmate.

That all changed though when a few days before Harry's fifth birthday, a new family moves in right next to the Styles'. The Horan's.

With them came a little blonde boy who befriended Harry in a matter of minutes- which obviously annoyed the older boy, since he liked the way things were. The way things have always been. Just Louis and his Hazzy.

Now he has to share him with a giggling monster named Niall. And he makes no secret of how much he despises the little Irish fellow when he goes to school the next Monday where his friends, Liam and Zayn asks him why he's looking a bit down.

Only when his nanny picks him up in the afternoon (and he starts yet another little rant about how Neil wants to steal his soulmate) does he calm down when Chloe tells him that soulmates are forever and no-one can steal them. She even convinces the now eight year old that it's good for Harry to have more friends- that way he'll always have someone to look out for him when Louis is not around.

 She even convinces the now eight year old that it's good for Harry to have more friends- that way he'll always have someone to look out for him when Louis is not around

It's finally Harry's fifth birthday party and Louis is beyond excited to leave already

It's finally Harry's fifth birthday party and Louis is beyond excited to leave already. He's made his mom get up at the crack of dawn and even though the party officially starts at one, by seven they were already on their way to the Styles'.