Chapter 13

(Bruh how tf are you guys still finding this, and how did we get 4k reads?! I haven't even updated in months, anyways here's the long overdue chapter 13. 🥲)

~~

'Wha...'

I slowly opened my eyes, and immediately closed them again because of the bright light shining on my face.

I groaned, what the hell happened, where am I?

I tried to move my left hand so I could rub my eyes so I could actually see.

As soon as I lifted it just a tiny bit, pain shot through my body, I shot up and grabbed it.

That's when everything came back to me. Everything that happened last night.

I looked around, I'm not outside anymore. I looked at the bed I was in, and the curtains to my left and right.

Is this the nurses office?

I looked down at my arm, new bandages. I sighed in relief.

Where's my phone? I looked around and saw it on the bedside table. Okay good..

I leaned over and grabbed it with my good arm. I pushed the power button and decided to check the time.

My eyes widened.

10:37?!

I immediately threw the blanket off of me and stood up. Feeling a bit dizzy

I walked over to the curtains and pulled them open.

I looked out and saw a feline woman sitting at a desk, typing away at her computer. I think she's a leopard? Just based on her patterns and her features.

I watched as her ears twitched in my direction, and she looked up at me, and I noticed that she had two different colored eyes, a light green and a faded goldish color. She smiled at me.

"Oh, good, you're awake. Are you feeling a little better?"

I took a couple seconds to process what she was saying, then nodded.

"What happened? Did I pass out?" I asked, but realizing how dry my throat was. She gestured to the group of water bottles on the desk.

I walked over to them, I grabbed it and started drinking like my life depended on it. Then she started talking.

"Well, I was coming in for my shift last night, and while I was walking to my office, I smelled blood in the air."

I stayed silent while I was just inhaling the water.

"I followed the smell, and found you on the ground with a bad injury, I couldn't tell if you were alive at first, but your heart was beating and I carried you back here. Certainly a fun way to start off my work night..."

Injuries like this are probably quite common from my research. Especially in schools where a bunch of young carnivores and herbivores that are growing into their instincts are just mixed together...

For example, apparently there are situations that if you were to get a limb off by another student, if you're fast enough, you can easily reattach it if you make it to the nurses office. That also makes nurses a necessity for any interspecies school. Especially in a school like this where all students live together on campus.

So the stereotypical 'ice pack nurse' physically can't exist in these types of schools.

Anyways the point is, this could have been way worse.

And sadly, again, from my months of research leading up to entering school, this is completely normal. Which is probably why she's not phased by it.

After she said that, she paused and looked up at me. "Anyways, you're Juniper Morin, correct? The daughter of Ichika Morin?"