Chapter 1

As I sit in my last class, religion, I watch the clock ticking waiting for the sound of the ringing bell.
At last after about 2 minutes the sound of the bell fills my ears, I quickly pack up my books and run out of the class to my locker.
I open my locker and half of my books fall out, lucky I am on the bottom I say to myself and quickly pick them and start packing books into my bag.
I run out side with my bag on my back and run to the office and grab out my skateboard (smooth star) and start to ride home.
I reach the front door and drop my bag on the floor and start to unpack it when I hear mum comes down the stairs. She turns the corner and i saw hello to her. "Hello darling, how as your day" she asked me "yea good, oh and also can amber come over today and ride with me in like an hour?" I ask her "yea sure just make sure it's ok with her mum" mum replies "thank you, thank you" I say to her jumping up and down.
Amber is one of my old friends that just moved back in town and lives just down the rode. I go back to unpacking my bag then walk over to the fridge and pull out a apple then walk upstairs with my books and apple and put them on my desk and start to do my math homework. After about 30 minutes I put some music on and go back to my homework.
I finished my homework and get my phone and call Amber.
"Hello" she picks up "hey do you want to come over and ride with me?" I ask her "yea sure I am stuck with my homework I need something else to do" she tells me and I laugh "ok cool" I say " I'll be over in 15 minutes" Amber says "bye" I say in a sing song voice and we hang up.
I walk over to my cupboard and pull out a polo, breeches and some paddock boots and get changed.
I walk out of my room I hear a knock at the door. I speed u and run to the door and there is Amber standing in the doorway "hey" I say "hey" she replies, "come on let's go and start riding" I say to her "yea gurl let's go" she replies. we walk down the stairs and to the barn.
I will meet you outside the barm in 20 minutes i call out to Amber since she keeps her horse Black Pearl but calls her pearl for short, "yea sure" she replies. I nicker when I am about 7m away from his stall and Magic puts his head over the stall. His name is Black Magic but I call him Magic for short. I unlatch the stall door and he steps back so I have some room to walk in. I walk in a scratch between his ears and he put his head down and nudges me. I laugh and grab his lead rope and halter and lead him out and put him in cross-ties. I grab a brush and start to brush him getting all the dirt and pricks since he was in the paddock this morning. I grab his tack and star with his saddle pad. Our colours are purple and turquoise. I grab his saddle and do up his girth then grab his bridle. With his homemade purple and turquoise browband. He accepts the bit easily and we walk out ready. On the way out I grab my helmet. I wait for Amber and Pearl. They come out about 5 minutes later and we walk to my arena.
"Want to work on some flat work?" I ask her "yea, do u want do critique each other?" She asks me, I nod my head in agreement and we start.
I start with a lap around the arena in a walk then a lap in a trot then a lab in a slow canter and keep on ding it about 2 times. While Amber and Pearl are doing figure 8s. "Want to start" I ask her "sure you can you first" Amber says.
I walk to the outside of the arena, "trot' she yells out and I tap my hells and Magic starts to move into a flowing trot. "Hells down, shoulders back, hands down" she yells out basic things before I move to a canter then a slow gallop and she tells me all the same things. After about 25 minutes of doing it I yell out to her and ask for a swap and she agrees and I slow down and she walks to the outside and starts to walk. I tell her to trot and pearls leaps into a graceful trot keeping her calm. I critique her on a few things before I tell her to move into a canter. "Don't let her slow down keep her moving, hands down" I yell out to her and she fixes the problems right away. She moves into a gallop and has a few difficulties keeping her going after about 25 minutes of galloping, trotting and catering Amber slows her down and walks over to me.
"We're going to have to get her not to stop or slow down" I say to Amber "yea that's one of our difficulties that we need to work more on" she tells and that's all before we start to cool them down.
When we finished cooling them down we walk to the barn "hey don't leave straight away I need to talk to you" I yell out "yea sure" she yells back. I clip him to the cross-ties and start to take his tack off. I give a little brush before I unclip him and take him to his stall. I open the door and walk him in, I take of his halter and give his a quick kiss and cheek his water and hay before walking out meeting Amber outside.
"Hey do u want to come for another ride tomorrow and we will work on pearl and a few jumps" I ask Amber " yea sure I I'd love that thanks" she tells me "ok meet me at the same time tomorrow at my house?" I say "yep that's fine bye" she yells while starting t walk away " bye" I yell before walking inside.
Hey I say to mum "hey how was Amber" she asks "yea good we just worked on some flat work" I say in reply "that's cool" she says "hey what for tea?" I ask wondering "chicken curry" she says "ok cool I am just going to have a shower and come back down for tea" I say to mum "ok that's fine" she tells me as I walk upstairs.
Jump I into the shower and wash my hair. I jump out and put on my pjs and go downstairs for tea. I get down and tea is served I jump up t the table and start eating next to mum. I finished tea and go the lounge room and watch some T.V.
I watch it till 9:30pm before saying goodnight to mum and walked upstairs and end hop into bed.