Chapter 40 - Headquarters

[WARNING: mention of gore and violence]

After settling inside the car and Hoseok starting it, beginning to drive away from downtown, Lucy finally filled the group on the information.

“Girls, remember some hundred years ago that rumor going around Witches in France on how the Council had a demon tipping them off on the clan's whereabouts? As a way to get rid of demons faster.” Lucy asked, looking back at Mina and Emily.

“Yeah, I remember that… Oh.” Mina started.

“Nah, you’re shitting us.” Em followed.
“That guy?”

Lucy nodded “Park Daesik. That’s him.”

Emily and Mina looked at each other, a little confused.

“I thought it was just that…” Em started now.

“A rumor.”

“It wasn’t.” Lucy interrupted again “It seems he was tortured into talking. They managed to get the information out of him and then killed as many clans as possible. His own clan included. He worked for them for almost fifty years until the Council supposedly disposed of him. Apparently they decided to not kill the guy in the end.”

“Well, shit, I kinda feel bad for the guy.” Emily said, a little sarcasm on her tone.

“Yes, well. He was threatened by the Nidhögg clan to allow his club to be one of the main points for their drug business and he let them. But guess what the Nidhögg wants.”

When Lucy said that, both twins, Taehyung, Jungkook, Hoseok and Yoongi perked up.

“They’re using Amelia’s powers to perform a ritual and awaken the Fallen One.”

“FUCKING WHAT?!”

“WHAT THE FUCK!”

At the girls' reactions the other three vampires, along with Hoseok at the wheel, looked between each other, looking very confused and lost.

“What’s that?” Jungkook asked, looking at Emily.

“A whole nightmare, that’s what it is.”

“I mean, I figured, but I still don’t know what it is.” The younger guy said, frowning.

Lucy sighed and massaged her temple again. Her migraines were getting worst by the second and all this new information wasn’t helping. And now that the reason the clan had gotten a hold of Amelia, this whole thing was about to open a new can of worms. All her efforts for keeping all these things quiet and peaceful in the past were trying to resurface.

Amelia would find out sooner rather than later… She just hoped this wouldn’t break another war with the Council.

“We didn’t actually meet her, but Lucy did.” Emily answered Taehyung’s question “It happened right before Amelia was born and brought to us.”

Lucy winced and huffed, desperately trying to think of a way to not just blurt out all the things she knew. Speaking would mean pain and having the Council breathing at her neck.

“So?” Namjoon pressed “You gonna tell us, or what?”

Silence again.

When Namjoon was about to speak again, growing impatient, Mina shut him up by raising a hand.

“Luce? Can you speak about it?”

The white haired Witch sighed and closed her eyes “I can’t say much.”

“Why?” Namjoon was definitely angry now.

“Some Council information has seals in it. Witches can’t say anything about it. And if they do they end up in pain and then pursued by the Council.” Mina explained.

“We’ve known of the Council torturing the Witches that spoke and then killing them horribly.” Emily added, her stare growing a little angry while saying that.

Yoongi and Taehyung scoffed loudly, the first shaking his head in disbelief.

“The Witch Council is a cunt fest, ain’t it?”

“You don’t know the half of it.” Emily grumbled.

“Alright, we'll talk about this later. For now, let’s focus on finding the demon that has Amelia’s powers. Without her powers he can’t perform the ritual.” Jin finally said, trying to distract the group to the task currently at hand.

The rest of the ride, the girls didn’t press Lucy to speak more about the matter of the Fallen One and the guys decided to not press it either. Even if Namjoon was a little pissy because the Witch didn’t disclose the information.

It wasn’t Lucy’s fault, though. The Witch Council sealed precious information so they could not speak of them, unless in the presence of Council members. The last thing the twins wanted was to inflict pain towards Lucy by making her talk. Having her being pursued by the Council wasn’t so much of a problem, the Council would be too afraid of actually engaging in a fight with Lucy. But she knew they would try to go at her apprentices…

Heading to the south, they found themselves in the more industrial side of the town. There were several warehouses, most of them abandoned and the others closed for the night. The only people around were a small group of shifty looking humans that were now heading opposite to the car.

Hoseok slowed the car when he noticed there were some people moving around the front of an open warehouse.
Jin bent his head to look at the front of the place properly.

“That’s the place. Hoseok, can you go back a little? Kind of want to go around the place and see if we can get in through the back.” Jin said, his brows furrowing when he saw the men at the front carrying boxes into a truck.
Hoseok nodded and did as asked, moving the car back slowly and then parking far away from the warehouse. This time, Namjoon stayed with Hoseok inside the car, keeping watch while the group went through the back.

When arriving at the rusty steal door, Mina scoffed.

“This reminds me of that heist we did in Spain. We forgot the masks.”

“It wasn’t a heist. We were getting back the money they stole from us.” Lucy defended, frowning.

“We need to have a serious talk when we get home.” Yoongi said, looking between Mina and Emily.

The twins giggled, their laughter mingling into a harmonic sound, while Lucy drew on a ghost of a smile when looking at them. The older Witch then moved to the door and placed a hand there, as if trying to sense something on the other end.

Raksha.”

The white wolf appeared out of thin air again, by her owner’s leg. Lucy gestured with her hand and instantly Raksha lunged into a run, growling slightly, and then running through the door like a ghost.

“What…” Taehyung said, a little dumbfounded.

“By the way, what about you guys' familiars?” Jimin asked all of a sudden, turning to the twins who instantly scowled.

Lucy smirked.

“Their familiar’s haven’t taken shape yet. These two idiots are still unbalanced.” She said, shaking her head on disbelief.

“Unbalanced?”

“Yes. Our familiar’s only take shape when we are in full harmony with our magic. Mina and Emily are still too dependent on each other and don’t trust themselves entirely. Hence the lack of familiars.” Lucy explained.
Mina grumbled something under her breath and Em threw a glance at Lucy.
“Rub it in, why don’t you.”

“And before anyone asks…” Mina threw an accusing look at Jungkook, who happened to be minding his own business “Yes, Amelia has a familiar. Hers took shape when she was sixteen.”

Em rolled her eyes “Stupid… prodigy kid.”

When she said that, Jungkook frowned. Prodigy? Amelia was a prodigy?

“What does Amelia’s look like?” Taehyung was the one to ask the question Jungkook was now dying to make. To say he was curious was an understatement.

“Let’s just say that… If Hoseok was scared of Raksha, with Zhyao Wu he'll shit his pants.” Mina smirked evilly, her eyes finding Jungkook and glinting in mischief.

Zhyao Wu?

The door opened, as if someone had pushed it open just slightly. The guys were a bit on edge. Well, except for Jin. Jin knew the gist of things, it seemed. Lucy stepped up and Raksha was there, sitting and waiting for her owner to open the door. It wouldn’t have been too weird if the guys didn’t notice what was behind the wolf.

Three demons were laying on the ground, their throats gushing blood from what seemed to be claw and bite wounds. Raksha didn’t have a single drop of blood on her immaculate white fur. When Lucy stepped inside, the wolf got up and followed the Witch loyally, sticking to her leg. Yoongi was about to open his mouth to ask if the demons would stay alive, considering they healed pretty quick, when he saw three sharp icicles appear from beneath them, piercing the wriggling demons straight in the chest and turning them into ashes.

“Remind me to never cross Lucy.” Jimin mumbled to Mina, going wide eyed at the way the demons disappeared.

The redhead giggled, grabbing his hand and taking him inside the place, where everyone began to enter as well.

There were crates and boxes everywhere, piled and lined up in no specific order. Yoongi was the one to open one and raise an eyebrow. Bags of white powder were neatly arranged inside. And by the look of Jungkook’s face, the box he opened had the same table of contents.

Lucy kept going forward, and Jin didn’t seem to like that very much.

“Seriously, does Jin think he can order her around? We've been trying for two hundred years and nothing works.” Emily said, shaking her head.

“The only one that kind of had Lucy on her palm was Amelia.”

Emily frowned “Mina? Amelia had all of us wrapped around her pinky as a kid.”

Mina snorted “I mean, true. But now, not so much.”

“That is where you’re wrong. Watch Lucy will melt into a pool of mush the minute that little minx throws her a little pout.” Emily smiled and followed along with the group.

Jimin scoffed “Nah, Lucy? She’s like… ice cold.”

“Not when it comes to Amelia, she ain’t. And kids in general, to be honest.” Mina replied, smiling back at him.

“Seriously? But she seems so…” Jimin trailed off when he looked ahead and saw Lucy glaring at him with a blank face.

“Go on…” The woman said warningly, tilting her head and waiting for Mina’s mate to continue.

“Don’t scare the poor guy, Luce.” Mina said, walking past the woman and going towards a door to open it.

Mina opened the door casually and the group watched her face blank, she blinked twice and then closed the door in the same expressionless gesture.

“What?” Lucy asked.

“I think I just found the demons and they’re all here.” She replied nonchalantly, still looking pretty blank and pointing to the door.

Emily straight up facepalmed and the guys perked up when they heard movement on the other side of the door. Taehyung smirked and came forward, pulling out his gun and pointing it towards the door. Mina only had time to step aside and then the door was opening and Taehyung didn’t even ask questions, he simply pulled the trigger and the demon poofed.

“Heads up, there’s more!” He shouted, engaging the gun again when seeing another guy come out of the room.

“Heck yeah, there’s more! There was like ten of them inside!” Mina yelled, her tattoos making an appearance on her wrists as she moved her fingers in small gestures.

At that point, something occurred to Jimin. He had seen Mina in action… but Hoseok had mentioned Amelia saying that the twins together was quite a show to see. And he wondered if Lucy made some sort of difference when fighting with the girls too. Back when she took care of the demon by herself it had been quite brutal.

Emily gestured with her hands and her blue lit chains appeared from the ground, surrounding the demons and piercing some of them. Taehyung and Jungkook shot at the demons that were caught in Emily’s chains, while Mina gestured flames to life and allowed them to slowly inch closer to the demons.

“Shit, all this noise is gonna alert the whole neighborhood!” Jin grumbled, shaking his hand after having punched a demon “Lucy, can you protect the warehouse or something? Like soundproof it?”

Lucy's eyes turned that haunting white again and her tattoos creeping up her wrists and forearms, as she gestured loosely with both hands. A chilling feel surrounded the place, her voice low and humming as she sang the enchantment. All around the place, wispy looking ribbons of white magic crawled up the walls and floors, seeping into them like water being absorbed.

She released a small breath when she was done.

“We need to be quick, that barrier won’t hold for long.” She said, then turning to Mina “I’m gonna go forward and look for the rest of the clan, you two finish here.”

Lucy was fast to turn around and leave, running towards the hall that lead to the front of the warehouse.

“What in the hell!! Lucy!” Jin yelled, clearly vexed that she was taking matters into her own hands.

Jin finished with the demon he had in front of him and then quickly went after her, leaving the others behind.

“Is she always this bad at doing things as a team?” Yoongi grumbled, reloading his gun.

Mina went closer to Emily, turning her back to her sister as they started to gesture their hands around to constrict the demons' movements with their chains, allowing the rest of the guys to have clearance to shoot against them freely.

The speckles of their magic mingled together, the two colors blending beautifully, orange and blue contrasting with each other. Their movements were also in sync, soft and determined as they performed the spells.

“Lucy is a bit of a lone wolf, she’s not used to working with other people.” Emily said, speaking loud through all the ruckus.

“Not gonna lie, it is weird!” Mina reinforced, summoning a chain to appear on her hands “It’s always been just us for a long time!”

Jungkook considered that for a while. Amelia, the twins and Lucy had been hunting demons for ages, now. The twins and Lucy for longer, since they were older than Amelia. On one hand, that made him a bit proud, seeing his mate was probably much stronger when in her full prime. And if she was indeed a prodigy, like Emily had mentioned, she would be pretty badass, right?

However, when he thought about it for too long, he couldn’t help but remember that she would be exposing herself to danger all the time. The fact that demons had been able to get to her and torture her, ending up stealing her powers was confirmation that this was way too dangerous for her. Not like Jungkook could lock the girl up and not allow her out, though… By the way Amelia had been all fired up about shooting the demons back when they were being chased, he guessed she liked the whole thrill of it.

He wouldn’t even lie, she had been quite hot, back then!

Jungkook was pulled from his thoughts when Yoongi shouted for Emily in a rush. When he looked over, he saw Yoongi point his gun towards Emily, who yelped slightly when a demon managed to get a hold of her, his big hand surrounding her neck tightly while the other hand gripped a gun and pointed it towards her cheek forcefully. Jungkook felt a sickening rage when he saw the dark inked serpent in the guy's wrist.

“Drop the fucking guns or the little Witch gets fucked.” The demon growled, gripping her neck harder.

Mina released a huff, annoyed.

“Oh, what the… Em, why do they always catch you?!” She yelled, clearly annoyed.

What happened next would be enough to make poor Hoseok pee his pants. Thank the Lord he was in the car, huh?

Emily’s eyes glowed a scary sapphire blue and a smirk, that resembled Mina's scary ones, drew on her lips. Her hands, that had been by her side since the demon got to her, moved ever so slightly and a small stream of ribbons of blue magic began to dance around her fingers and wrists. The small specks of magic that erupted from her movements started to latch onto the demon's skin, burning slowly. The guy flinched and jumped back, pushing Emily out of his hold and shaking his arm in pain.

That was all it took for Emily to finally be able to cast a spell, making bright blue flames erupt from the ground beneath the demon and burning him alive slowly.

When the demon kneeled down with a yell and poofed, the blue flames still lingering around the floor, Emily cracked her neck and shrugged.

“I don’t know!” She mumbled, turning around and starting to walk away.
The guys watched with wide eyes as Mina passed the remains of ashes of the demon Emily had just killed and hopped up to catch up with her sister.

“Holy fuck, I'm whipped.” Yoongi mumbled, a little dazed and lost at what had just happened.

“I thought you knew.” Taehyung mocked, raising an eyebrow at the paler man.

Following the two girls, there was no sign of more demons. Either the ones they had just killed were the only ones now and the guys they had seen outside were gone or something was up. Taehyung stayed behind to try and find more information about the clan and their makeshift disguise company.

On the wide main area of the warehouse, more piled up crates were gathered there. After going through the corridors and not finding anyone, the twins, Jungkook, Jimin and Yoongi found Jin and Lucy crouching behind a pile of boxes, while loud voices were heard where the door was.

Jin signaled them to get low and be quiet.

“Any news on that Witch you mentioned?” One low, raspy and growled voice asked.

“Nah, the bitch left the town before we could get to her.” Someone else said.

“You better get someone soon, X. I'm about to lose my patience.”

“Boss- “

“Shut it. If it wasn’t for you that bitch wouldn’t have gotten away. We've wasted enough time, already. Either you find that whore from three months ago or I'll do it myself.” The first said, his tone growing angry and more urgent.

“Fuck, you already have the bitch's magic, getting someone’s blood ain’t gonna be that difficult!”

Lucy grew furious, that sudden ball of heat firing up her gut and making her senses heighten. The clan's leader was here… the guy who had stolen Amelia’s powers-

“Fuck! Jungkook, come back here!!” Yoongi whisper yelled behind her.

Lucy looked back to watch the youngest vampire’s eyes a deep blood red, an angry scowl on his brows and gun ready to go as he got up from his place and started to move towards a more open area.

“Crap…” She mumbled, quickly getting up to follow the vampire.

Shit was about to hit the fan…

~Sass 😘