NO

"Can I sit beside you?" asked Himadri.

Ankit did not even bother to look at him before replying, "No!"

Himadri went to his own seat. Lavyansh, who was sitting on the front seat turned back and asked, "Why did you not let him sit beside you? It was a good opportunity for you as your desk mate is absent today."

"To **** with your opportunity. I don't need that," replied Ankit.

Lavyansh made a face, muttered a slang word and turned forward. His desk mate Niladri said, "Your friend is so nube."

Lavyansh rolled his eyes and then ignored everything.

Swastik and Ayushman were sitting behind Ankit. Swastik shook his head in disappointment. He knew very well that Ankit liked Himadri for a very long time. Ankit used to share his feelings to Swastik and Lavyansh. Himadri was in section B before. Ankit used to find excuses to go to their section. His actions were so obvious that boys from both sections guessed that Ankit liked Himadri.

"Why doesn't he talk to me?" he had asked Swastik when they were in class eighth.

"You should go and talk to him," Swastik had suggested.

"Why should I go to him? He looks like a donkey."

Swastik and Himadri were in same house. Therefore they started talking to each other during a school activity in class eighth. Their house was responsible for decorating the stage and ground. Swastik and Himadri worked together and by the end of the day they became friends. Ankit did not like that Swastik was able to talk to Himadri the whole day while he had to practice for the drama their house was going to perform.

Later Swastik said, "Ankit, I got Himadri's number. Do you want it?"

"What would I do with that boy's number," said Ankit.

"You can call him or message him," suggested Swastik.

"I don't need his number. You can talk to him as much as you want," said Ankit.

Swastik was very well aware that Ankit was dying to get Himadri's number. He got Himadri's number only for Ankit. But what could be done if he himself refused to take that. Swastik never mentioned about Himadri's number to Ankit again.

Lavyansh liked to spend time on Instagram looking for people he knew. He called Ankit to tell that he was able to find the account of Himadri on Instagram. He had started following him. He suggested Ankit to go and look for it. Ankit refused to do so.

Later Lavyansh and Swastik stopped bothering about the matter. But Ankit did not stop. He kept talking about Himadri whenever he got the chance. Eventually all students of his class became aware of his obsession about Himadri. They started teasing him with Himadri's name. Ankit always refused to admit that he liked Himadri but enjoyed every bit of those teasing.

When they were promoted to class ninth, Himadri was sent to section A for an unknown reason. People suspected that it was because of Ankit. But Ankit changed his attitude towards Himadri after that.

"Ankit, can you give me your science note book?" asked Himadri during the lunch break.

"I didn't complete my work. You can ask Lavyansh for his notebook," replied Ankit.

"Why is he like this?" asked Ayushman in low voice.

"I don't know," replied Swastik similarly.

"Isn't he your best friend?" asked Ayushman.

"Unfortunately, yes," replied Swastik.

"What does he want?" asked Ayushman.

"Attention, I think," replied Swastik.

"Himadri is giving him attention."

"He wants more."

"It's entirely your fault. You and Lavyansh gave him unnecessary attention for many years," Ayushman declared.

"We didn't do that," Swastik protested.

"You did. And now that idiot is doing the same thing," Ayushman pointed towards Himadri.

"Are you two gossiping about me?" asked Ankit.

"I just said that Himadri is treating you well. You should treat him well too," Ayushman said.

"Why should I?" asked Ankit. "Did I ask him to come to our section?"

"I think he came for you," Ayushman said.

"Whatever," said Ankit and went back to his desk.

Himadri kept trying to talk to Ankit for a couple of weeks but Ankit always said 'no'. In the mean time Neeraj became friends with Himadri. Himadri stopped bothering Ankit. He started spending more time with Neeraj. All the students, who used to ship Ankit and Himadri started shipping Neeraj and Himadri.

Ankit became moodier. He started shouting on everyone in class. He was the class monitor; he started noting down Neeraj's name in discipline notebook for minor reasons.

He even warned Swastik, "Don't talk to Neeraj."

"Why?" asked Swastik.

"Because I told you so. If you want to talk to him, don't call me your best friend."

Niladri whispered to Lavyansh, "I think all of his screws are loose."

"I agree," said Lavyansh.

On friendship day Himadri came to Swastik and asked, "Can I tie a friendship band on your wrist?"

"Yea, of course," said Swastik.

Himadri tied the band. He tied a band on Lavyansh's wrist as well. But as he turned towards Ankit, Ankit got up and walked away without looking at him. Himadri tied friendship band to everyone except Ankit.

In classroom Ankit always noticed everything Himadri did. He liked him and wanted to date him. But all he could do was saying 'no' to every advance of Himadri. The more he wanted to say 'yes', the more negatively he responded. After being constantly ignored by Ankit, Himadri started ignoring him as well and they never came together.