Chapter 1

"Naruto."

"Naruto!"

"NARUTO!!"

"What!" I jump awake, alarmed. I see an angry Iruka
standing in front of me.

Shit. He's mad.

"No sleeping in class!" Iruka shouts, his loud voice echoing around the classroom. The class is stopped, focusing on me and Iruka's conversation.

"I wasn't sleeping," I respond quickly, not thinking before speaking.

Stupid Naruto. What else could you be doing.

"Oh really?" Iruka raises his eyebrows. "What were you doing then?" He questions me.

I pause, "Emmm," I hum.

Shit say something Naruto.

"I was resting my eyes!" I answer him, saying the first thing that came to mind.

The class erupts into laughter, giggling at my stupid reply.

"Detention after school on Monday Naruto. Don't sleep in my class again," Iruka replies sternly. He quickly makes his way back to the board and resumes teaching.

I take out my book and open the right page, paying attention to nothing but the sound of the clock ticking away. It eventually dings loudly signalling that class is over.

I rush to put my things in my bag, putting them in a neatly fashion.

I walk out of my class making my way up to the cafeteria. I see a short haired brunette guy at the cafeteria entrance, who I happen to make out as my best friend.

"Kiba!" I yell his name, running up to him.

He turns around and yells back. "Naruto!"

I halt in front of him and we high five.

"What's up!" Kiba greets me.

"I got Monday detention," I sulk.

"Aww man, that sucks," Kiba replies, patting my back.

"Let's go in everyone's waiting," Kiba says, changing the subject. We walk into the cafeteria, get our food and walk over to our table, where we see everyone else, who already have their food.

"Hey guys we're here!" Kiba announces, sitting down aside Hinata.

"Hey guys!" I great them, taking a seat next to Kiba who's on my left with Sakura on my right.

"Hi sakura!" I greet her.

"Hey Naruto!" she answers.

"Whatcha' guys talking about?" I ask them.

"Sasuke!" Sakura squeals, not giving anyone else a chance to speak.

"She keeps blabbering on about his birthday party today," Shikamaru fills us in.

"Birthday party?" I ask.

"Yeah, Sasuke's birthday party!" Sakura squeals.

"It's gonna be amazing! Everyone's invited, you going?" She asks me.

"Sure why not, I've nothing better to do," I shrug.

"Great! Any of you guys going too?" She turns her attention to the rest of the table, asking them the same question.

"Definitely!" Kiba responds.

"I'll ask my father," Hinata says.

"Sai you going?" Ino asks Sai. He nods.