Commotion

In very defined words I could be described as a women. A feeble creature detested by all elements of being. Not just my the misogynists but by the animals,the ecosystems the mountains and trees. They would whisper loudly:the trees. Thinking that by the swift backward motion their sneering and insults can be hidden but their natural allure. But I saw it. I saw through the lies as the woodlands parted for me. As mother nature beckoned the bushes to silence by my arrival. And even though I felt miserable and forlorn was fairly equipped with the knowledge that if I played my role. If I acted somewhat a women. A seductive silent creature then maybe i could get passed the day.

I looked through the reflective glass once more. making sure I was the most perfect beverage. In truth I was an empty,dry arid glass. I was not yet shattered as there was a drop of thick gooey tar in the lining between the two glass layers. My dress was the liquid. It fell onto of a dry arid surface but the sharp pigmented colour drained all thought of misery. The blood red colour fuelled my lifeless being. It was glued to the surface of my body like a second skin.But i did not conjure upon it as i stood there a women. A feeble creature. What i am meant to be.

"Ma'am, the count awaits you",i turned in a swift motion to find an old stubby looking women staring mutely at me. "Parler français s'il vous plaît . Je ne vais pas répondre à parler dans cette langue dégoûtant". i replied in distaste. It was not my mother tongue;English. I simply detested conversing with someone with is fowl syllables on my tongue, unless i was forced. But this was probably the 50th time i had to direct others to not use it with me.But its not in my hands to decide what i speak,what i do or where i am. And it took me 11 years to settle with this unfortunate position. In this poise,grande immaculate palace i was a freak. A rusty antigue palate which didn't fit well with the immense surrounding."Adieu, je lui dirai que vous serez bientôt bas" my heart relaxed for a beat of a second as she spoke in french but my face still remained paled as i answered "peu importe".

As she left i picked up the long white cloth as usual and draped it over the mirror concealing the monster which it revealed and parted to the downstairs courters.