six

CEDRIC.

"Look at our captain being all nervous!" One of my teammates teased me, causing the others to laugh at us as we headed to the stadium where our match against Gryffindor will be held. They all laid their hands around my shoulder and said, "Don't worry, mate, we'll make sure she sees how great our team is."

I laugh at that and stare at them all, feeling the need to be real honest before we get serious. "I need her to see that I cherish the friendship that I have with her."

I hear them make 'oooo' noises, acting as if they were charmed by my words. I bumped one of their shoulders and told them to knock it off, smiling in embarrassment. "(Y/n)'s very lucky to have all your attention, Ced!" "He's right! You're our captain and we knew you longer... you're cheating on us" "Don't forget about us once you get together, Diggory" was all I heard throughout our walk. I couldn't see (y/n) that 'way' yet as she has conflicts that shouldn't be bothered by foolish teenage love, and until then, I want to help her get through everything, and I would like to see for myself if I'll fall in love with her.

When we grabbed our brooms and were about to take a turn towards the gate, we spotted Cho along with her friends standing whilst talking. I tend to avoid having conversations that aren't necessary when something important is coming near, which meant I planned to smile and walk past Cho, but her friends stopped us; or me, specifically.

"Hi," Cho said with a smile. I returned the gesture and waited for her to continue. "Good luck with your match."

"Thank you," was all I could say, keeping my smile on and slightly nodding at her friends, which led them to squeal with excitement. I continued walking with the others following from behind, but I could still feel Cho staring at me.

To be honest, I was quite taken aback by her beauty and cleverness when I first saw her, which got me to fancy her a little, but I couldn't feel any of that anymore. However, I am glad that she and I can interact from time to time.

"Did you only just say 'thank you' to Ravenclaw's seeker, mate?!" One said in disbelief, "Ya could've at least initiated a longer conversation!"

"We've got to focus on quidditch. I have absolutely zero time for that."

"My, my. (Y/n)'s really special, then,"

She is. I admit it. I've never put up this much effort for someone. "Maybe she is," I smile at the thought of her annoyed face, already knowing the words she'd say if she heard that question.

"Ooooo!" There they go again making those noises.

We knew it was going to rain so I informed everybody to be cautious but give this game the best they have, and when we flew around the stadium, waiting for every house to completely stand by the stands with their umbrellas and raincoats on. I look at the Hogwarts stand and tried spotting (y/n), and when I did spot her, she stood in between Ron and Hermione.

She seemed pretty annoyed by the rain, which I laughed at, but when she noticed me staring, we both locked eyes. She gave me a supporting gaze, and I smiled at her; giving me higher chance that I'll surely win this. When Hermione nudged her shoulder, (y/n) snapped out of it and I could tell that she was being teased. Looking back at me again, she stuck her tongue out, making silly faces at me to which I did the same.

"Oi, Ced! Focus!" One of my teammates shouted as soon as the match was one second away from starting.

Lee Jordan was yet again the commentator. The match started and I was giving my all to it. Although the rain was pretty heavy, it didn't bother me that much as focusing on the snitch was what kept me ready. Gryffindor was winning by 50 points, and to be honest, they were far better than all of us. Harry was right in front of my sight; we both looked serious as I knew we pretty much had the same intention: win for the house and 'impress (y/n)'. This could be dangerous because he likes her.