Reason 1 of Why I Hate Honey

There are many reasons why I hate Honey Rose Islington. Reason number 1: there is nothing good about her and there never has been. I don't understand why guys and girls, combined, constantly drool over her. Her picture-perfect blonde, wavy hair, her captivating green eyes, her warm smile, and the way she can light up the room as soon as she walks in. It's so boring it makes me want to leave the classroom. Honey Rose moved to my school halfway through seventh grade. She never talked to anyone unless she wanted to, which didn't happen much. She was reserved and quiet, yet the most popular girl in school. I'm not sure how many people have asked her out, but it didn't matter because she said no to everyone. I, on the other hand, have not received any attention or affection unless it was about sports. It's not like I didn't deserve it. I just didn't really like anyone at my school and everyone here kind of knew that.
     Nobody knew anything about Honey. She wouldn't dare share a part of herself, that could ruin everything. Everyone knew that she likes to wear long sleeves and pants. She wears a ton of makeup sometimes, which is a little much. I hate to say it but the only thing good about her, is her style. That is it. Never mind. I hate her as much as I do her style. Her style choices look good on other people.
     Today is the first day of senior year. Tradition says the senior class has to watch the sunrise at the beach and take pictures for the yearbook cover. It's not my thing. I went anyways because, you know, memories. I was the first one to arrive at the beach so I grabbed a blanket and a jacket from the car, and sat in the sand near the waves. It was dark and serene for another hour before the seniors showed up. They stayed on the sidewalk while I was by myself. I preferred it that way. I looked to the right and saw her. It kind of made me want to barf. She was walking alone in jeans and a white senior jersey that all of the girls got. Her shoes were in her hands and her hair gently flowed with the breeze. There was something in her facial expression that screamed help, but why would her, of all people, need help? I don't think she saw me. If she did, she just kept walking and didn't acknowledge me. I'm okay with that. Very much okay with that actually. I watched her walk farther and farther down the beach until I couldn't see her anymore. One of the loud, obnoxious girls in my class ran to find her and brought her up to the sidewalk for a picture. Honey Rose this. Honey Rose that. Honestly, who names their kid Honey Rose? Honey Rose is a name for someone who is sweet, and kind, and not her.
     The sun was making its way higher in the sky, signaling it was time to head to school. I didn't mind going to school. Learning was always fun, it was the people and the teachers in those classes that made it horrible. I found someplace to park in the back of the parking lot, and paced inside with my head down.
     I liked my schedule this year. My first period was Art 4, second period was US Government and Economics, third period was Honors English 12, fourth period was Pre-Calculus, then lunch, fifth period was Creative Writing, sixth period was Advanced Physics, and seventh period was a practice period. I was looking forward to this year's season of Football. I know, I know. Football. How cliché. However, it kept me busy and in shape so I didn't mind it. I was never going to play pro ball in college but that wasn't my intention when I joined the team in the first place.
     I walked into the art room and my face dropped. How fucking exciting. Why is she in this class? I might drop out. Quite literally. This was supposed to be one of my favorite classes. I saw the teacher had assigned seats so I go up to the whiteboard to see where I'm sitting this year. I scanned the paper and found my name. I had to sit next to her. I rolled my eyes and trudged to my seat at the table. I dropped my backpack rather loudly which caused Honey to jump. She looked up at me, slightly terrified. Once we made eye contact, she gave a soft, fake smile. I just kept looking at her. Did she want me to smile back? Eww, why would I do that? I looked away and sat down. I got out my sketch book and charcoal and started drawing right away.
     What on earth did they do with my schedule? It seems like she was in all of my classes. She was in my first, second, third, fifth, and sixth period. Did someone curse me? I think someone cursed me. She most definitely would not be in my seventh period. I made my way to the boys locker room to change into different clothes for practice. It was packed with freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. I did a quick change and rushed out onto the field. It was getting annoying how much the freshmen kept playing around. I know I won't go anywhere in Football but at least I take it seriously. Let the next 3 hours of hell begin.
     Practice was over and I checked my phone. My mom texted me several times throughout.