Chapter Three

It seems like you and Javan are the shortest compared to the whole tribe.

Some people are eight feet tall and the children are about six feet tall.

This is scary.

"Father, I would like to introduce you to (Y/n), she is the one I have been telling you about"

Javan's father, Nagam, smiles warmly at you, trying to ease your already showing worry.

"Welcome to the tribe, (Y/n)" you return his smile.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay, Sir" Nagam raises an eyebrow at the title.

"Call me 'uncle' Sir is too formal here, and if you meet an older woman, call her 'aunt' " you nod at him.

"(Y/n) will help me in harvesting the crops" Javan informs his father.

"This is good, but you will be doing most of the work, Javan" Nagam asserts, not wanting his son to pressure you.

The fact that you don't remember if you ever harvested any crops before is giving you anxiety.

"Have a good day, father"

"Nice meeting you, uncle"

You and Javan walk away from the older man to leave him to complete his tasks.

"Javan?"

"Yes?"

He turns his full attention towards you, looking at you with his green eyes.

"I forgot how to harvest crops," you say, in hopes of getting out of the mess, you put yourself in.

Javan smiles at you, not offended or annoyed by your confession.

"Don't worry, I will teach you" you nod at him.

"Thank you for helping-" he cuts you off quickly.

"There is no need to thank me, this is the land of God, everyone is allowed to inhabit it" you smile at his words.

"God told our father and mother, Adam and Eve, to inhabit the earth, and for their children to populate it, to live in peace with each other..."

Javan stops and frowns deeply.

"But Cain ruined that peace by killing his own brother Abel"

You notice Javan's expression turns into one full of hatred.

"However, most of it is all Satan's fault, we would have been in heaven right now if he didn't deceive Adam or disobey God's orders"

You raise an eyebrow at him, finding half of his words to be true, yet disagreeing with the second half.

"I think humans would have still left paradise"

Javan is surprised by your statement.

"I mean come to think of it, Satan is at fault indeed, but humans are going to commit sins and repent for it, that's our nature"

He looks away from you and stays silent for a moment before speaking up.

"Good thing, that Satan is a good excuse to use on the day of judgment" Javan jokes.

For some reason, Satan in your memory is a man with silver hair and red eyes in his twenties.

You don't know why you think the devil looks like that in the first place.

You both arrive at the field only for you to realize one thing.

The fruit trees are very large including the fruits themselves which mean one thing to you...

"Are you ready for work, (Y/n)?

...lots of hard work for your small body.