Chapter 1

"I'm coming, Mom!" I yell from my room.

I really have to hurry up because my flight to Japan leaves in an hour and I wanna get a good seat. I'm leaving Canada for a year to go live with a girl named Haruhi who lives in Japan. I don't know that much about her but I'm still so excited to meet her! I love meeting new people! The only thing I really know about her is that she's a part of a Host club. It was the only think she talked about when I got her information form. Her form said that the Club is made up of a bunch of rich guys who entertain girls for money. It explained that they only flirt and talk with girls, not the other things you could think of... Anyway, I thought it sounded a bit odd, but I like odd, probably because I'm odd.

"Come on Clo, you're gonna be late!" My mom calls from the other room.

I finish packing the last of my clothes and look in the mirror one late time. I look good wearing my favorite outfit; a light blue tank top with a grey kami and jean short shorts, my blonde hair slightly wavy as usual and my bangs hanging over my forehead. I smile, noticing how the blue tank top brought out my light blue eyes.

"Clo!" yells my mom. I ran out of my room with my bags in my hands.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." I say, looking at my mom putting her shoes on.

"I was waiting for you." She replies, annoyed. After she gets her shoes on, we load up the car and drive away to the airport. We arrive and there's one 60 minutes before my flight leaves. I run and push my way through all the people. Once I get to the scanners, I rush my way through, accidentally whacking a man in the face with my elbow.

"Sorry!!" I tell him, hurrying to pick up my stuff from the other side of the scanners.

I yell goodbye to my mom from the other side and start running again. I just make it to my flight and find a pretty good seat in the middle of the plane. The plane lifts off and I leave my home and family, for what seems will be a long time. Once I relax in my seat, I start enjoying the ride and fall asleep from all the running.

I find myself in a room with a bunch of tables and people in fancy dresses siting at them. I feel out of place. I was not wearing a fancy dress. I stop a girl who wears a dark green floor length ballroom dress with light green lace details who's walking past me.

"Do you know where we are?" I ask.

"We're at the Host club party. Duh!" She answers annoyed, "I'm Haruhi and who are you? You don't look to great." She looks at me, disgusted.

I feel overwhelmed and embarrassed. I run out of the doors about to cry.

I wake up with my heart beating fast. It was just a dream. Okay, I know what you're thinking so... She hates parties? No, I love parties! I'm just scared of what Haruhi and her Host club will think of me. I want to impress them. Showing up to a fancy party like the one in my dream, wearing short shorts and a tank top wouldn't be a great idea. At least I know I'm not showing up to a big party today.

"The plane will be landing shortly. Please make sure you're buckled in." I hear the lady over the intercom say. Then she repeats it in Japanese.

I don't know much Japanese, only how to say hello and ask to go to the bathroom. Hopefully Haruhi and her friends can teach me more. I double check that I have everything and wait for the plane to land in Japan.