Chapter 1 - An Unknown Place

Cold air swept my face as silence crept inside my ears causing me to wake up. I looked around and saw myself inside a shabby place and somehow sitting on a dirty wooden chair.

"Where am I?" Obviously the first question anyone would ask

I stood up and stared at the chair. It was coated in grime, I don't even know why I sat on it.

Once again, I felt the wind grazing my skin as I searched for where it came from. I looked over my shoulder and saw a giant hole on the wall. I took a few steps front and saw a spectacular scenery. It wasn't a field of flowers nor was it a creation of mankind. It was an abandoned city shrouded in fog. It was thin enough to see through the fog and small enough the see the high buildings. The street was empty and street lamps illuminated at the fog, giving it light. Directly at the center of the city, a giant clock hanging from the unknown was ticking. It was a pocket watch... although... big enough to be seen by the whole city. Big isn't the right term... it was massive! Extremely massive. Above the clouds, the skies were twinkling as I see a wave of stars glowing through the night. All in all it gave me a eerie feel of being the only person left on this city. I couldn't hear any sound except silence, and the only person I've found so far was myself. There's no chirping from the birds nor was there are purs from the cats. I was the only one here...

I sighed at the thought and felt a tingle on my back as I felt someone was staring at me. I looked over me and there stood a man. He had long ashy blonde hair, a sharp nose, and red lips.  If you ask me he could become a famous model in our city. He was leaning against the wall asleep as his head keeps on nodding off.

He opened his eyes as he looked at me.

*yawn* "Oh hey, you finally woke up" The ashy blonde man spoke

I jolted up hearing his voice.

"Who are you?" I asked feeling a bit shaken up

He stood there silent as he rubbed his eyes and stretched his body.

"I'm Hugo. Hugo Evans." He said to me with a smile

"..." I wasn't sure how to react

"Well..." He looked at me expecting something

What should I do? I don't exactly know him neither am I familiar with him. Well at least my problem with being alone is resolved.

"What are you waiting for? Tell me your name" He grew impatient of the wait

"I'm Cecil Luwis" I introduced myself

Hugo nodded at my response as he took a walk across the room and opened the cupboards located behind the chair I sat unto.

*creak* "It should be right here..." Hugo pulled out a bottle of wine covered in dust and with a spider on top of it. He patted it off as he took out his cork screw to open the bottle.

"Want a drink?" Hugo asked me handing me the bottle

"I'm good" I replied reluctant.

Knowing the dust had built around the wine and the spider claiming it as its territory. I'd rather stay thirsty than to drink that.

"Ah, ah, ah, you can't say no to this. Afterall we're celebrating today" His cheering voice resounded the room.

A celebration? Of what exactly? I looked around the room and there was no sign of celebration happening. No decorations, no food, just an old wine bottle being handed to me by a stranger.

"What's the celebration?" I asked

"You waking up of course!" He proceeded to hand me the bottle

"Oh, and I suggest drinking that fast we don't have all the time to waste for a single bottle" He added