Chapter 1

Earth. It has many people on it, but not one human knows the true dangers in the universe.

For centries, a gift and a curse was passed down through families. The gift was a blessing and the curse was well a curse a curse.

"Move it!" A voice behind Alice made her turn around, barely missing being hit by a guy about her age. Holding his hand was a little girl looking to be about 8 years old.

Alice was a orphan and she knew trouble when she saw it. That little girl was in trouble. Deciding she was going to follow them, she grabbed her bag and went into the woods.

Two days later and one night later, Alice saw smoke from a campfire. She followed the smoke and arrived to see the little girl under a pile of blanket. Although she was sweating, her body was racked with cold chills. Suddenly, Alice sensed she was being watched. When she turned around, she saw the guy from earlier.

"Who are you and what do you want? I know you are here for those witches!" He was taking two steps towards her for her every step backwards.

"My name is Alice and I don't know who you're talking about." She yelped as she tripped over the little girls' feet, waking her up.

"Get out of here!" He bared his teeth, revealing sharp pointy fangs.

"Jake! She...didn't do nothing." The little girl said, shaking badly.

"You don't know that."

"I do." She stood, going over to stand in front of Alice. "Please...let her stay."

"But-"

"For me?"

"Fine. I'm going to go to town to get a doctor. Watch out for strangers." He helped his sister lay back down and turned towards Alice. "If you hurt her, I will hunt you down and kill you."

He disappeared before Alice could say anything.

"He doesn't get it."

"Get what?"

"I won't be here by the time he's back." She stared at Alice until she looked away from the girl. "I'm a fairy, you know."

"A fairy? As in fairies from fairytales and books?"

"Yes. For centries we lived with humans. We were different, but we weren't creature thristing for death. We keep the peace, but one day that all changed. The fairies were attacked by dark creatures of evil. We called them witches."

"Is that what Jake thought I was?"

"Yes. He is very protective of me."

"Hmp. Are you two related?"