Chapter 1

Mila POV

I can't believe some one just broke into my house. How am I supposed to earn a living like this. I run my super small bakery out of my home. But now I can't. My front door is bashed in and my house is trashed. Hell, they even stole all of my freshly baked goods that I left out to cool. If I hadn't needed to make a quick run to the store then this wouldn't have happened.

Well, this is the story of my life. Just when you think that somethings are going to good things get turned upside down. My parents dropped my off at my Aunt's house at 3 years old and never came back. I don't exactly remember them. I just remember being sad and crying a lot for them to comeback. However, I had Aunt Milly to raise me. She had crazy curly blond hair like me and the same green eyes as well. People always thought she was my mom and in everyway that counts she was.

She died about 3 years ago a month after my 19th birthday. She left me her house that she raised me in. She always new I wanted to open a bakery but we didn't have any money. She was a school teacher in our small town and had to pinch together everything we had to have food on the table. Hell our town is so poor that the annoying Mayor didn't admit that we have no money to pay to fill in the wholes on the road.

"Sorry Miss, but is there anyone who you could think who would brake into your home?" The male cop asked me bring me back the present. He was an older buy with a handlebar mustache. I hate those.

"No. I don't get our much. I just bake and sale them to people at the farmers market." I said. It's true I really don't get out much, or have much of a life. Aunt Milly was my best friend. But now I'm just a lonely cat lady without a cat.

"Well, there are some finger prints that we can run through our database but that's it. I suggest you get a new door and board up the windows that they smashed." The cop said while handling my a copy of the report. Great the town's police force at it's finest. While I walked him out the door I noticed my new neighbor standing outside his door. He's new and only been here for a month. He had long jet black hair with chocolate eyes. Don't get my started on the tattoos on his macular arms that can make a girl swoon. He didn't look happy and gave the cops a death glare. I wonder why.