chapter 1:surprises

Alice

"No, no, no it's all wrong how many times do I have to repeat myself?"Ms Smith would not stop yelling at us today she is very passionate about acting even if it is just a school play.

I can't say I am any different I take it very seriously. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when my best friend Gwen started giggling, and when she giggled I giggled it was like it was contagious. I tried so hard not to laugh but I couldn't control it anymore.

Ms.Smith turned her attention to me and Gwen oh boy!"Would you like to tell us what is so funny Ms.Roberts? If you cannot take this seriously then you shouldn't be here!"Suddenly I wasn't laughing anymore."Sorry mam" I mumbled "It won't happen again."She then continued insulting everyone over the tiniest flaws.

I sent Gwen a warning glare then focused on what Ms.Smith was explaining . Rehearsal passed by rather quickly I gathered my things and waited for Gwen by the door. She finally got all her things then walked over to me she really took her time she was always so carefree I was always jealous of that.

"Did you see her face?"Gwen chuckled."You're going to get us in so much trouble someday." "Yeah probably but you will still love me because I am amazing."she said so dramatically. I started laughing again she could always make me laugh no matter how upset I was.

I suddenly bumped into someone causing all of my papers to fall everywhere."Hey watch where you're going you idiot."I snapped. I looked up to see the idiot instead I saw our school's heartthrob and player Ryder Jones sure he was extremely handsome with those deep blue eyes,pitch black hair and perfectly tanned skin the perfect body... ugh! Snap out of it Alice remember you despise this arrogant jerk. I have lived next to him for about five years and he doesn't even know I am his  neighbour because he is so self absorbed!

He finally spoke snapping me out of my daze"I would apologise but we both know I don't do apologies and I am pretty sure it was your fault!you should really watch where your going"How dare he I was ready say some pretty nasty things but before I could he was already leaving he grinned just before he went around the corner  .

Gwen quickly helped me pick up all the papers from the floor."Wow he is certainly not used to that, I swear you're like the only girl in school who isn't completely in love with him" I rolled my eyes"Maybe because I am already completely in love with someone else"

"Oh come on Zach he is great and everything but wouldn't you prefer an epic romance"Gwen said emphasising the epic romance part.

I was about to answer when Zach came walking towards us."Zach" I squealed excitedly and ran towards him wrapping my arms around his neck giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"I missed you babe how was your day?"I asked "It was great how about yours?" "Oh it was good"I said. "You ready to go babe"Zach asked "Yeah ,bye Gwen talk to you later bestie!"

******************************************************************************************************

As soon as Zach and I got home I practically attacked the fridge. I was always hungry nobody understood how I wasn't fat.

Zach and I spent the whole afternoon together laughing,eating doing homework. I kept thinking about what Gwen said about us being boring and I wanted to prove her wrong. So I did something I usually wouldn't do.....

Zach was about to leave when I grabbed him by his wrist"Babe, don't you want to stay the night we haven't had a night alone in a long time my mom is away for a few days" "I would love to but we have a game tomorrow and I need to be well rested"Zach said " You understand right babe?" "Yeah it's no big deal maybe some other time" I said my voice laced with disappointment he quickly crashed his soft lips to mine our lips moving in sync it was a nice kiss Zach was a great kisser there was just no, no... fireworks