Strange Predicament

Art by me!

They don't know how this happened, but it happened in the most Oliver and Fukase way possible. Fukase, at the top of the stairs, loudly declared himself memelord of the century when he suddenly lost balance and tumbled down the steps. In a panic, Oliver ran to catch his boyfriend when the both of them passed out and woke up with a throbbing headache and a second internal voice that sounded suspiciously like the other.

  Now they were staring into a mirror to observe their changes. Messy blonde hair that stopped just above their shoulders and curled up slightly, a right yellow and red eye while the left remained gaping and unseeing. Bandages covered their arms and neck, while the ones that Oliver usually wore over his left eye were loose and didn't hide his deformity and scars very well. Oliver's coat turned into more of a cape, and Fukase's red bow became the yellow of Oliver's tie. The red stitched cloth wrapped around the back of the cape, and they wore a white button up and a red skirt and black tights, finished with Fukase's red and white heels. Fukase's cane was wrapped loosely with red cloth and the red animal paw had turned into a golden bird claw. Finally, their hat looked like Oliver's but with the eyes and mouth of Fukase's.

  "So, Oliver." They paused. Their voice was a mix of Oliver's and Fukase's, though Fukase's shined through just a little more than Oliver's. It was akin to Fukase's soft Japanese vocals, but with a British accent. "We're fused. I think."

  "How are we supposed to explain this to our families?" Oliver asked, tapping their feet and shifting their weight from side to side.

  "I have no idea." Fukase sighed with a shrug. "It is your house though, lots of weird things happen in here."

  "Fair, but how are we supposed to un-fuse?"

  "You ask me like I know."

  It frowned and began flexing its mouth. It felt weird with the stitching, Oliver thought.

  "Fukase, how do you wear a skirt all the time? It's so breezy down there!"

  Fukase laughed, striking a pose in the mirror. "Don't we look great? We're sharing a body now, but that skirt's not going anywhere."

  "If we can't ditch the skirt, then we're ditching the shoes. They're too uncomfortable!" Oliver began kicking off the shoes, and Fukase sighed in defeat.

  "Fine."

  Oliver puffed their chest out, already satisfied without the tight confines of leather.

  "It's late, Oli, we should go to bed and figure this out in the morning. If anyone can help us, it's your parents."

  Oliver nodded and began moving towards the bed. They stumbled a few times but managed to make it, collapsing onto the thick mattress and soft blankets.

  "Ah, Oli, I forgot."

  "What?"

  "My condition is always the worst in the morning, we need my cane by the bed."

  "Oh no, did that translate into this new body?"

  "Probably. I have the worst luck in the world." Fukase paused and continued. "Sorry."

  "No it's okay." Oliver sat up, patting their thigh and giving the back of their hand a kiss. "I hate seeing you go through so much pain alone. At least I can be there for you, 100%."

  Fukase felt that Oliver would really regret saying all of this when it's time for a symptom flare, but Oliver insisted wholeheartedly he wouldn't regret anything, and that he loves sharing a body with his most beloved one. While Fukase shared that feeling, he really didn't want to pass his disability onto Oliver, and that guilt didn't go away for the rest of the night, making it hard for them to fall asleep. Paired with Oliver's nocturnal tendencies and Fukase's active mind, they didn't fall asleep until even later into the night.