Chapter One

Notes:

Did a little editing, not finished editing, but figured I should before I uploaded the second chapter!

Chapter Text

Robin opens his eyes to a more plain-looking room, what others would probably call minimalist. To a noise that sounds like wind chimes and light rain? A bright green color spells out the words 'Welcome! Everything is fine.' He sighs and lightly smiles.

A door opens to his right, "Robin? Come on in." A white-haired (older) man says, doing a motion with his head.

They sit down on a wooden desk, "Hi, Robin. I'm Micheal." The man says, who he now knows as Micheal, then re-adjusts himself in his chair. He wore extremely formal attire, compared to what Robin himself was wearing, a black tank top with blue jeans and a bandana. "How are you doing today?" Micheal asks "I'm great. Thanks for asking." Robin replies, offering a smile to the other.

"Oh, also, I have one question. Where am I? Who are you, and what's going on?" Robin asks. "Right, so, you, Robin Arellano, are dead." Micheal starts, pausing to lick his lips "Your life on Earth has ended, and you are now in the next phase of your existence in the universe." Micheal finishes. Robin pauses to process for a minute before snapping back into it and smiling. "Cool. Cool. I have some questions." Robin says. "Thought you might," Micheal replies with a smile. "How did I die? I-I don't remember." Robin asks, smile now disappearing with the slightly morbid question. "Yes, um, in cases of traumatic or embarrassing deaths, we erase the memory to allow for a peaceful transition." Micheal explains "Are you sure you wanna hear?" Micheal asks, grabbing a file out of his desk drawer. Robin nodding in response.

"All right, so you were in a grocery store parking lot. You dropped a bottle of something called, 'Lonely Gal Margarita Mix for One.' And when you bent down to pick it up, a long column of shopping carts that were being returned to the shopping cart collection area rolled out of control and plowed right into you." Micheal explains glancing between Robin and the file. "Oof. That's how I died?" Robin asks. "No, sorry, there's more," Micheal replies.

"You were able to grab onto the front of the column of shopping carts, but it swept you right into the middle of the street, where you were struck and killed by a mobile billboard truck advertising an erectile dysfunction pill called 'Engorge-ulate'," Micheal says, making a face at the next part, looking up at Robin. "Funnily enough, the first EMT to arrive was an ex-boyfriend of yours–" Micheal says, chuckling a little. "Okay, that's enough, thank you," Robin says, looking down slightly in embarrassment.

"Oh, okay, sorry," Micheal says, setting the file down on his desk. "Um, so who was right?" Robin starts to ask, smiling. "I mean about all of this?" Robin continues, clarifying slightly, making a motion by circling his hands.

"Well let's see. Hindus are a little bit right, Muslims a little bit. Jews, Christians, Buddhists, every religion guessed 5%, except for Doug Forcett." Micheal says. "Who's Doug Forcett?" Robin asks, looking confused as to why he's so important yet he'd never heard of him.