CHAPTER 24

---Damien's POV---

"Alright, princess. Lay down here. " I put Adeline slowly on the couch. She looked so small and fragile in my arms as she was laid down. A pouty look settled over her face at having to be carried around, but she didn't protest. She seemed to enjoy being carried around by me, even when she wanted to complain.

"Be good, princess. Don't forget to drink more water. " I slowed down the air conditioner to a suitable temperature and started unbuttoning my outer suit.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I stopped to face Adeline, whose hazel eyes were watching me intently. They were wide with confusion and something that reminded me of a kicked puppy. Her lower lip jutted out in an adorable pout while her eyebrows furrowed in thought. She had a cute expression on her face.

"What? I just want to make you warm. What are you thinking, baby girl? " I put my suit on her body and she snuggled up underneath it, trying to get more comfortable.

"Urm... N...Nothing." My smile grew when she sighed contently as she closed her eyes. "Good girl." As much as I love seeing her pouting like that, I gave her a sly grin. I could clearly see it. I chuckled softly and kissed her forehead. "I'm going to do my work now, baby girl. If you have any problems, you can call me, okay? " She nodded. "Okay." I pecked her cheek and she quickly caught my hand with a puppy-faced look at me.

"Can I borrow your phone, Damien? I'm bored. I want to play a game. " She shook my hand, and I couldn't hide my smile anymore. It was such a cute gesture that I couldn't say no to her.

"You can use mine if you want, princess. Just don't break anything, alright? " She smiled sweetly at me before grabbing my phone.

"What's the password?" She asked me curiously

"It's your birthday, princess. 4999. " She looked at me with unbelievable eyes and her face slowly blushed. "Aww, okay. You don't mind if I install the game, right? " She typed the password and pressed the App Store to download the game. "Suit yourself, princess. What's mine is yours too? I have to do my work now. If you feel sleepy, you can take some time to sleep, okay? " I said. She nodded eagerly, and I bent to give her another kiss. "I love you, baby girl." I sat on my chair and started doing my paperwork. 

As I was doing my work, I glanced at Adeline, who was happily playing the game. If she loses, she will be irritated. I smiled at how cute she looked. She was so focused and happy that I didn't want to disturb her. She looked so peaceful and content. I felt so lucky that I found someone who could share this feeling with me. I am so grateful to have met her in my life.

This whole situation feels surreal to me. I never imagined that I would meet a beautiful woman so young and naive as her. But I guess it wasn't impossible because of fate. Fate works in weird ways. I'm just glad that everything worked out in my favor, including my relationship with her.

She walked toward me and put my phone on the table. "Done! Thank you so much, Damien! " Her chubby cheeks were flushed pink from all the playing, while her hazel eyes sparkled with excitement. "Oh no problem, princess. I think you won some points by winning against me." She giggled and jumped on me to hug me tightly. "Yay! I did it! It's infinity anyway." She laughed with enjoyment.

"Damien, I'm bored. Can I go to the library? I miss the smell of books. Please, please? Pretty please?" I cupped her small face, making her giggle.

"I wish I could tell you no but... Okay, You can go to the library. But, please be careful." Her smile lit up. "Okay, don't worry. just in the library." She got up and left my office after I finished signing some documents.

The clock on the wall showed it was 5:15 pm. It was the end of our school day. I haven't heard her voice since she went to the library. Maybe she was busy reading somewhere. I'm not sure. I hope everything is going well. Maybe it was better for me to leave early. It'd be nice to spend time with her.

'Clara, are you with Adeline now?' I mind-linked Clara to know if Adeline was with her now.

'No, didn't she work with you in your office?' She asked me back. I started to panic.

'Hey, brother. Is everything alright? I'm coming to your office now.' At a glance, Clara was already in front of the door, and she opened it.

"Let's go to the library." I nodded, and we both made our way to the library. I called her name, but there was no one there. Clara asked the librarian there, and they said Adeline hadn't come there.

"Fuck. Where the hell she is now." I can't control my emotions at the moment, and Clara noticed. She grabbed my arm and squeezed it gently.

"Calm down. We'll go find her. Don't freak out. " Clara tried to reassure me as she let go of my arm and ran off to look for Adeline. I took deep breaths to calm myself down. I was mind-linked Beta and asked them to guard the campus and perimeter. Anything suspicious will be reported immediately. Then, I contacted the others. The others should be arriving anytime now. The next 15 minutes passed slowly. I kept checking every corner I could think of, but there was nothing.

"Where are you, Adeline? Where are you now!!" I tried to mind linked with her but it was shut down. I was freaked out. I tucked my hair to calm myself down. If she didn't go to the library, where she is now? Could it be that she was kidnapped? I shook my head furiously. We didn't get any clue where she is now.

"Alpha, I'm sure this belongs to Luna."