Epilogue

After 3 years, the long awaited day has finally come.

Each students had smile in their faces.

Some teared in joy and some in frustration.

While others finally sighed in relief.

On the other hand, Ayanokouji remains expressionless despite the atmosphere around the place, but deep inside his heart, mixed emotion swelled into it.

A feeling that even him can't explain through a single paragraph of an essay.

He is being impatient through this years, though it doesn't show it on his face.

He did very well enduring everything up until now, and the day where he can finally harvest all of his sweat and hardwork has come.

As he walk through the gate, he saw a lot of students around his year, chatting with their fellows and relatives, giving their greetings and congratulatory messages.

His eyes then accidentally went on Horikita together with her older brother.

The strong willed lady he knew is now crying like a newborn child in her brother's chest, as he caress her head gently.

When he and the former president eyes met, the older Horikita nod his head unto him.

A simple nods has a lot of meaning behind it and only he and Manabu knew what it is.

While Ayanokouji continue his way, ignoring the two siblings, a sweet scent coming from the cherry blossoms tickles his nose, making his mind relaxed as if it was his reward.

The blooming trees shows that spring season has arrived.

He then suddenly thought to himself.

[So two spring had passed ever since, huh. It's terrifying how fast the time pass by whether you're wasting it or not.]

When he set his foot outside the campus for the very first time after 3 years, a familiar voice called him nearby.

"Senpai."

Ayanokouji looked at that person and said.

"You still calling me senpai?"

"Hm? Is there something wrong with it?"

".....Nothing, but it makes me feel uncomfortable."

"Is that so? Then, what about Kiyotaka?"

"I think that's better. So Ichika, why are you here?"

Amasawa walk towards him, closing the distance between the two, before she answered.

"I'm here to pick you up."

"I see..... It looks like you already solved everything for me, huh."

"It is exactly what you've said. You're sharp as always." She chuckled.

"By the way Ichika, why are you wearing your school uniform?"

"Are you curious?"

"Who wouldn't?"

After hearing his reply, Amasawa can't help herself but to laugh.

Ayanokouji can't comprehend what she did and so he asked.

"Is there something funny?"

"S-sorry, sorry. It is just that you haven't changed at all."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're still the senpai that I knew. Well then, shall we go?"

When Amasawa was about to leave, Ayanokouji knows what she was up to and so he said.

"You're dodging my question."

"Ooof! I thought I'm gonna get away with that. Anyways, I wore this uniform out of whim. I just thought that you might recall something in your memories if I wear one."

Although what she said is not only the reason behind of her actions, Ayanokouji decided to put it that way to not make things more complicated.

"Now that I answered your curiosity, shall we go then?"

He nods his head and followed her behind.

Not so faraway from them, a black limousine can be seen parked at the side of the road.

A guy in a formal suit, opened the door for them and so they didn't have any trouble entering the vehicle.

As soon as the engine starts, the limousine drives away to that place until the school where Ayanokouji spent his 3 years was nowhere to be seen.

"Did you have fun with other girls while I was away?" Amasawa asked.

".......I didn't."

"Wait, why did you pause? You sounds suspicious."

"Anyways, it seems that your breast hasn't grown that much. Are you not eating healthy meals lately?"

"Don't dodge my question. Also, you're so mean, you know?"

After their short banter, Amasawa rest her head into his shoulder and he just let her do what she wants.

"By the way Ichika, how things are going now in the Whiteroom?"

Ayanokouji asked but he received no response from her and so he looked at Amasawa and called her again.

"Ichika?"

She is currently sleeping in tranquility and so Ayanokouji didn't bother her anymore and decided to asked all of his questions to her later.

"You did well. Thank you."

Maybe affected by Amasawa's pleasant expression, Ayanokouji yawned.

[Well, I'm pretty exhausted too. I guess a short nap won't hurt.]

He then closed his eyes as the drowsiness drifts his consciousness away.

Before he fell asleep, Ayanokouji thought to himself.

[Maybe this is what I wanted all along.]

Fin

Fin

*****

A/N: I kinda messed up the illustration. Please check the afterword to see the artwork that I made for you guys.

[If you like the chapter, I recommend for you to click the vote button, and comment your thoughts about the story. Please follow me here in Wattpad if you want!]

- 9/3/22
- 847