Chapter 22

AN: ok obviously I couldn't find a picture of a girl with tattoos all over her face but deal with it pls my children.

^^Cameron

Chapter 22:

Colton's POV:

"What's wrong, Colton?" My mom asked, I sat at the desk thinking about Elena's words.

"Elena wants me to learn more about the Elven culture." I said.

"Oh, why is that?" She asked.

"I-I don't know. She wants me to learn more about it and she offered me a place within her caste."

"Already!?" She exclaimed and I sat up slightly alarmed.

"Why? Is that bad?" I asked.

"No. It's just, you just met her and she already wants you to be apart of her caste."

"Well the craftsmen out there master Ihren gave me this." I said showing her the necklace.

"The Whitaker Caste. One of the most powerful and most supreme castes." She murmured.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"You are my son, I tried learning about your other culture as well. I didn't know you came from this caste though." She said.

"He said he has never met anyone from my caste." I said.

"The craftsmen? Of course he wouldn't. Only the kings and queens of each realm would be graced with the opportunity to meet with the Whitaker's. They are known for their skill in stealth and combat. Their caste was once huge with assassins, knights, warriors, archers and also the seductresses, the whores, the most beautiful, you know all that jazz." She smiled and I smiled slightly.

"You have a right to know your other culture. You are also a grown man now. I can't tell you what you can and cannot do."

"No but you can give me guidance. In the end I respect your decision." I said and she smiled.

"Do what you need to do after we settle this. I have to remember that you are not a little boy anymore." She said touching my cheek. I nodded and she got up and walked away swiftly.

"Struggling, huh." Lily asked sitting down just where my mom sat.

"Unfortunately." I sighed heavily.

"She likes you, eh." She said.

"Who?" I asked.

"The princess. Elena."

"No she doesn't." I scoffed confused. She was a princess I was a half breed.

"Trust me. She does. She wouldn't address anyone else except you."

"That's because I'm half elven." I said cutting her off.

"She is inviting you to stay with her to learn more about your culture. Who does that?" She laughed.

"Ok..." I shrugged.

"And she gave you that necklace-"

"Ihren gave me this." I said.

"Doesn't matter. She showed you him and introduced you. She likes you, Colton." She said getting up and walking away. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Colton?" Someone called. I turned and saw Kian in the door way.

"How can I help you, Kian?" I asked.

"Princess Elena would like to speak with you." He said and turned and walked out.

"Ok..." I said nodding. I got up and walked outside to the many Elven tents.