Chap 2: No pain, No gain

[Rewritten in: 31/08/2024]

Welcome to the world of Regressor Instruction manual! ( ≧ᗜ≦)/

.

.

.

.

Being shocked was an understatement, (y/n) was baffled. Absolutely, completely and utterly baffled at her own blindness. 'How come I did not even notice such an obvious red flag?! I mean- my memory isn't the best I admit but I'm not that forgetful, right?' She mentally sighed out as she pinched the bridge of her nose in self disappointment. Well.... in her defense, how a message as vague as <will you participate in the game?>  would have made her piece two and two together? Besides, that was at the very beginning of the manhwa! A chapter that she didn't have the pleasure to read months ago and a detail that she didn't find significant enough to remember!

Her attention went back to the group after her eyes finally managed to detach from the all too familiar panel window, still lingering at her sides even after taking her sight off of it. Heh, she never thought she would one day experience such a thing. A clingy system window, but what could she say? Her charm was just naturally that strong.

(Y/n) slightly squinted at the endless darkness forever expanding at her feet once again, though the shadows did not feel as thick and disorienting this time around. Taking a rare moment to quietly appreciate and be grateful of her mother for passing down the powerful night vision genes that allowed her to finally see and watch out what she was stepping on, not wanting to dirty her pristine and squeaky brand new shoes in something. 

She perked up when she kicked into something. Hard. 

'...'

'Well maybe not as developed of a night vision.'

She looked down with the bravery of a deer, eyebrow twitching as the forgotten system window whispered sweet sweet horrifying nothings into her ear. Making her tense up even more than before. This wasn't a monster carcass, right? Or worse, What if it was a living abomination instead?!- Oh. She breathed out heavily. It was... a human. Just a breathing not dead non-monster that simply happened to be peacefully hitting the snooze on the middle of the way. 

Hopefully there wasn't any more to it.

Frustrated but also extremely relieved that she wasn't in any immediate danger contrary to what was fed to her a couple of seconds ago, she swatted away the devil on her shoulder with an angry wave of her hand before crouching down with a small sigh. Being mindful of her skirt and careful that the length of fabric wasn't getting dragged on the muddy cave floor.

She moderately leaned in and tilted her head to the side, inspecting the sleeping person. She poked lightly for a response. Then slightly harder. Then hard. But not even a single indication of an imminent awakening was received in exchange. That was one very asleep person. She wasted no time to start looking up and down, eyes scanning and searching thoroughly for any kind of injury or problem anywhere. Looking out especially for bumps along the spine or awkwardness in the neck before turning the patient to their back.

With all of the gentleness of the world, she tilted their head back, the action quickly followed by a slight lift of the chin. A small precaution to keep the airways free and prevent the tongue from blocking the flow.