Seven

I sat on the couch with my head in my hands. I was trying to figure out a way how to not reject my mate. But when I think of an idea it ends up with me being dead or so depressed I kill myself. And I do not want to do that.

Dead. Dead, dead, and dead. Everything I think of, involves death. Ok maybe if I just-. "Hey. Whatcha thinking about." Brandon says sitting next to me. "Oh just the ceremony tomorrow." I lie. I can't believe I lied. I've never lied so bad in my life. Brandon looked as if he knew I was lying. "Ok." he said. "But don't get all worked up, ok? I don't want you to have another panic attack." he said concerned. Him, concerned about me? Hah. I sure hope he's not playing around.

He got up and stuck a hand out for me. I looked at his hand and then his face. I grabbed his soft hand and followed him. I ended up sitting on his bed.

"Ok. Now. Tell me the truth." he said crossing his arms. "I know you weren't thinking about the ceremony, for a fact." he said to me. I sighed in defeat.

I felt the hot tears run down my face. I shook my head.

"They'll figure out I told you. Then kill me." I cried. "Who?" He asked with anger striking his voice. "I-" I stutter. He looks into my eyes then angrily mutters something under his breath.

"Your pack will not find out. Are they after you?" He asked. I stared at him and nodded as the tears still fell.

He turned around and grabbed the lamp and threw it at the wall. "Ok I'm just a little better." he sighed.

"No one is killing you. You are safe here with me, ok?" He said hugging me. "There's something else." I cried. He pulled back and looked at me worried. "My cousin. She told me if I didn't reject you in two days, then she would tell the pack where I am. Then I'll be a goner." I said hiding my face. Silence killed me and I looked up to see red flash through Brandon's eyes.

"Brandon." I barley said in a whisper. He bolted out of the room and left. I followed and saw him run to the woods.

"He's out for a run? I thought he already went Luna." a little boy said. "He'll be back. Don't worry." I sniffle.

I hope.