Chapter 32

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬" Mi-jin let out as we had finally made it to another town close to Hyosan. The city was completely empty and quite. To be honest, I didn't like it either. Not one bit.

"It's clear" Ha-ri then said. 

"How do you know?" I asked. She looked at me.

"There's no blood or broken windows. it looks way too clean if a horde of zombies had been here" she explained, which actually made a lot of sense, now that I think about it. 

But then Nam-ra stopped, looking at us all with a frightened look. 

"Oh no... I know that look, what's wrong?" I asked, panic taking over again. 

"Zombies..." she stuttered.

"What? Where?" A frightened Hyo-ryong whimpered. 

She turned to look at Hyo-ryong, "Everywhere" Nam-ra replied. 

Everyone looked around in panic, but the streets remained silent to us. I felt a sudden hand interfere with my own and I looked up to see Su-Hyeok's worried eyes. 

"How many?" He asked, holding my hand in a tight grib with a metal bat resting in each of our free hands. 

Nam-ra stayed silent for a few seconds before she looked up. "Run" she exclaimed and despite Dae-su's groans of pain, we all began running. 

"In there. Through the alley" Cheong-san suggested, and we all decided to listen and ran into the smaller alley, trying to escape the zombies. Would this never end?

With Su-Hyeok besides me we ran and ran, but suddenly Dae-su fell down, taking Cheong-san and Wu-jin with him. That made Cheong-san grab a shovel from a shop right besides us. 

"Take Dae-su and go" He stated, but no one left. 

"No way, we're not doing this again. Don't sacrifice yourself, Cheong-san" I stated, letting go of Su-Hyeok and putting both hands around my bat, now standing besides Cheong-san. 

That move made everyone else grab their weapons or a shovel or whatever they could find. 

"I have a feeling, it's all gonna end here" Mi-jin said, starring at the empty street in front of us. 

"Then so be it. I'm tired of running. I'm just tired" I answered her, looking at her before fixing my eyes on the street as well. 

Though all of our hearts were probably beating insanely fast, we held our ground. Each and everyone of us. 

The sight was so scary, when zombies suddenly ran around a corner and right towards us at full speed. It was like going to war, I imagine. This feeling. 

With raised weapons, I began running, joined by the other immediately as we collided with the zombies in a storm of blood, screams, bones cracking and roars. They came at us with much force, almost overruling us, but we managed to keep them at bay. So far. 

But everyone time I hit a zombie, it just got right back up. Until I couldn't hold it any longer. A zombie came knocking me to the ground from behind causing me to drop my bat. I felt it's bloody hands clinging itself onto me as it got ready to strike. 

"AAARGHH!" I held the zombie by its shoulders, trying to push it off, but it wasn't giving up. 

Its blood dripped onto my face. This was it. This was the end of me...

"Y/N!!!!!!!!" a screamed pierced through the air when the zombies suddenly disappeared from my face. 

Instead, its teeth sunk deep into another throat causing blood to splatter everywhere and Wu-jin's cries to break my heart. 

"NOOOOOOO!" I screamed ribbing the zombie off of my best friend, grabbing him instead making us both fall down. 

The look in Wu-jins eyes full of pain as he held ono his throat where blood was running out along with the tears that ran out of his eyes. 

"No... Wu-jin..." I cried, stroking his cheeks with my shaking hands. 

"Wu-jin!" Ha-ri's painful voice sounded, Dae-su limping right behind her as they both fell down besides me, they're eyes only fixated on Wu-jin, who's hand held onto his throat while his other was I a tight grib around my arm. 

 "I knew this would happen..." he let out, his breath stuck in his throat, "I'm sorry, Y/N..." he whispered only making me cry harder. 

"No Wu-jin... no... You're gonna be okay, you're-"

"Stop it... please" he begged, giving me a sorrowful look before he looked at his sister. 

"I'm sorry, Ha-ri. Please stay alive for me... please" he pleaded, his sister wiping tears off of her cheeks. 

"I will" she cried. I've never heard Ha-ri sounding this vulnerable before.

Suddenly I noticed Mi-jin standing besides us, holding her spear at Wu-jin. 

"NO! Stay away from him! Stay away!" I screamed, my grib on him getting tighter. 

"Y/N..." Wu-jin weakly spoke. 

"No shut up... you're gonna be okay. It's all gonna be okay" I cried. 

"Thank you for being my best friends... Y/N... Dae-su... Ha-ri..." he cried, and that's when my heart shattered to pieces as the bone cracking sound returned and Wu-jin pushed himself out of my grib. 

"NO! WU-JIN!" I tried gribbing him again, but Su-Hyeok was quick to grab me, pulling me away as all I could do was watch my best friend turn into a monster. 

And as it looked like he was about to attack us, Nam-ra broke his neck in a swift move, making him fall back down onto the ground. 

"Wu-jin..." I was too weak to shout anymore. All that came out was my broken cries, mixed with Ha-ri and Dae-su as well, as we all just cried and cried and cried. 

"We need to go. More will come" Nam-ra announced. 

"No... I'm not going" I whispered. 

"If we don't go, we'll die!" Nam-ra continued. 

"I don't care... not anymore" I let out, my whole body feeling weak. 

"Y/N please. We need to go" Su-Hyeok said, trembling over his own words. "I can't loose you too" he whispered, making me look at him. 

I looked back at Wu-jin one more time, wiping my tears away before looking back at Su-Hyeok. He grabbed my hand giving it a small squeeze before he let me and everyone else away from the scene, away from the zombies, away from Wu-jin. 

I lost my best friend... the person closest to me since childhood... how will I ever get over that?

A/N This was one of the saddest chapters to write ngl. I loved Wu-jin so much <3