How It Began

Princess Rainbow Dash of equestria was pouting. There was no other name for it, the Spirited princess was sulking in her room, threatening anyone who came near with bodily harm. The pegasus was angry at everyone, but especially her older sister Fluttershy and her older brother Discord. Why was she mad at them you might ask, well Rainbow and her sisters Applebloom, Sweetie bell, and Scootaloo had recently reached their 16th birthday. Why would that make Rainbow angry? You see, Fluttershy and Discord the time had come for her younger siblings to get married, and none of them were excited about that at all. Fluttershy and Discord were sending Rainbow Dash and the CMC's to the neighbooring kingdom of Cloudsdale where the prince's parents had organized a ball for young mares everywhere to meet there son. As you can imagine, this annoyed Rainbow, a LOT. And that was why Rainbow Dash was stomping and growling at any maid who came in to alter her dress. Rainbow didn't want to go to a ball, and she DEFINITELY didn't want to get married. Rainbow felt like her life was crashing down around her.

Rainbow: Suitors talk of love, but it's an act

Merely meant to throw me
How can someone love me when, in fact
They don't know me'

They want my royal treasure,
When all is said and done.
It's time for a desperate measure
So I wonder

Why shouldn't I fly so far from here?
I know the mare I might become here
Sad and confined
And always locked behind these palace walls

Told to show devotion every day
And not second guess it

If a new emotion comes my way

I suppress it

Why shouldn't I fly so far from here?
I know the mare I might become here
Follow your heart or you might end up cold and callous

Maybe there's more beyond these palace walls
What if I dared?
What if I tried?
Am I prepared for what's outside?

Why shouldn't I fly so far from here?
Something awaits beyond these palace walls

Rainbow was not the only one upset about this anouncment. Applebloom was curled up in the royal orchard, feeling two miserable to do anything and wondering if she would be trapped in a loveless marrage. Sweetie bell ran to her own canopy bed and started sobbing, now feeling completely down and awful. Sweetie bell didn't have anything against this prince, but she was head over heels in love with her tutor, Button mash. She loved how kind he was and his addiction to video games was adorable. Sweetie bell was working up the courage to ask her older siblings but now all her hopes and dreams had been dashed. Scootaloo was on her scooter, and was tearing recklessly through the palace, full of anger. She couldn't believe she was being made to marry a colt she didn't even know! Scootaloo had found herself falling for Rumble, his purplish grey eyes were amazing, his sarcastic sense of humor always made her day and he was the only stallion as athletic as her, which was a big bonus. Fluttershy fluttered out to see if she could talk to Applebloom, the most sensible, in the hope she would convince her sisters. Fluttershy found the earth pony filly sitting under the apple tree, looking as she'd rather be anywhere but there. The soft spoken queen sat beside her younger sister, attempting to comfort her. "Can you please at least try to convince your sisters?" Applebloom nodded glumly, and Fluttershy gave the pony a soft hug before leaving.  Rainbow Dash finally stopped sulking in her room and went out to face her sisters. She was extrordinarilly angry, but did try to keep it in for her other sisters, who looked as angry as she did. She knew both Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell had found love, though the Squirt had insisted she wouldn't ever for years. The stubborn princess sighed once again when Applebloom began speaking. "I know this feel awful for us, but Fluttershy and Discord just want the best for us." Rainbow dash wanted to scoff at that, and she saw Scoots actually snort, but she did understand what Applebloom meant. However, though she understood her siblings were trying to help, didn't mean she agreed with this at all.  Rainbow joined her family for dinner, trying very hard not to glare at Fluttershy and Discord, as she knew her sweet older sister had been through enough already. Rainbow didn't admit it, but she blamed herself for what had happened to Fluttershy all those years they had been apart, which was why she didn't protest as much as she wanted to, and why she eventually agreed, despite wanting no part of it. Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell looked at her like she was crazy, but seemed to understand why. Rainbow felt disgusted with herself, but Fluttershy revealed she didn't want them to marry someone they didn't know, but that the princes parents were trying to force him into marrige and they thought the fillies could maybe comfort or help him somehow. Rainbow agreed reluctantly and after she flung some supplies into a suitcase and called it packing, the athlete decided to take a fly by herself to clear her head.