UIC Class Prophecy 2013

• Dedicated kay Ren Galeno

CLASS PROPHECY

Renee Francesca Galeno

February 19 2023, It was another cold winter day in Stockholm, and it didn’t get any warmer as I stepped outside the Ubisoft Massive Building. I had just finished meeting up with the head of Ubisoft’s Art Department, Alvin John Panuayan, regarding the box art for our new video game. I was more than thrilled with the cover he presented me, which was designed by their best graphic artist, Renzo Maneja. It was all set, our new video game was ready to debut in time for the Electronic Entertainment Expo, a.k.a. E3, on the 22nd. I got all warm and bubbly inside. Out of all the games I’ve produced, I knew this one was going to be the best. Sure, I’ve produced around six games that became Game of the Year, but yeah this was definitely different. 

I hopped into my new cherry red Ferrari, which was given to me by the former Olympian and now the CEO of Ferrari S.P.A., Vina Vera Alinas. I have read that this particular model is one of the best. And who could deny it when it was designed by Engr. Al Jefferson Sedo and Engr. Arvin John Cacanog. As I drove home I heard my Cansio S13 ring, which was a gift from Engr. Erick Adrian Cancansio, founder of Cansio Electronics. The software, which was one of the most advanced of its kind, was developed by two of Cansio’s best: Engr. King Manatad and Engr. John Adrian Tumarao. I picked up the phone and on the other line was Ubisoft San Francisco Executive Secretary, Romarie Duque. She had called to inform me that our exhitbit for E3 was finished and that she would be sending me pictures right away. 

I parked right outside my new house, which I had designed by the international architectural firm, FerAnCap Architecture. Luckily for me, the three head architects, Patricia Fernando, Chelsea Danielle Antonio and Maria Fatima Capito, were generous enough to give me a discount. I also had the house furnished and designed by the famous interior designer, Jehana Jamal. It was a little expensive but totally worth it.

 As soon as I entered my home, I was greeted by my pet penguin Kent; named after Prof. Kent Raven Olario, who gave Kent to me as a gift from one of his study trips to Antarctica. He went to conduct a study on why some icicles up there taste like bacon. Penguin Kent was pecking at my leg for some more fish. After giving Kent some sardines from the fridge, I dashed upstairs and turned on my new MacBook 10,000, designed by Apple engineers, Ralph Zachary Magnaye, Zayed Ladjasali and Raphael Gavira. It didn’t have any monitors, oh no. It was actually a transparent hologram, projecting from a sphere and the keyboard was a holographic sensor. 

Logging in to my Yahoo account, I couldn’t help but notice some of the latest news headlines. One article says that miner Lois Borro, along with geological engineer, Aljay Burata and mining engineer, Ace Anthony Tulio, discover the world’s biggest diamond in one of their mines in Turkey. Borro and Tulio said they were going to split the diamond and use it to propose to their longtime partners Jamaica Rosos and Frances Angela Olipas. Moreover, an article said that Engr. Caren Mae Castillano developed the first wireless communication system that can reach as far as Mars. Another said that a medical team lead by doctors Earl Ludwig Cartagena, Rod Bryant Villar, Nathalie Lyssa Garcia and Mary Andrea Andrada, were close to developing a cure for cancer. And the biggest news of all, NASA astronaut, Captain Kristian Noel Laud, is the first man to land on the sun, thanks to astrologist, Prof. Mae Marellee Valmores’ discovery of a specific location on the sun that is not as hot as it’s neighboring regions. It has since then been named the Laud Region of the sun.

Remembering why I went online in the first place, I opened my inbox. Sure enough, attached to the email were six pictures of our exhibit for E3. Clicking on the first picture, I was rendered speechless. The Ubisoft exhitbit was indeed a work of art, the logo looked as if it was levitating on top of a white enclosure, and all of the featured games were given equal space for advertising. But of course, my game was given more advertising space. Because, you know. I said so.  I quickly called the architects, Kier Paolo Pamaran, Odessa Bacalaso, Nelson Wanne Tanudtanud and Jessa Mae Acman to thank them for all their hard work and creativity.