Happy Birthday to You

Author's note: I couldn't think of another title, so you get the really obvious one. This is for the prompt "family", so of course I had to do a future/next gen story. This deviates from the plot of the show some time before Seabound and Crystalized, for obvious reasons. Most of the "future" stories I've written deviate from the plot of the show after season 10, so we'll just go with that I guess. It doesn't really matter though. Also, this is gonna be another one without much plot. I'm not very good at oneshots, in case you can't tell...

"Happy birthday, baby!" Nya gently lifted Libby from her crib. The baby smiled at her. She was small for one year old, with rosy cheeks and black curls.

"Can you believe she's one already?" Jay kissed them both on their foreheads. "Because I can't."

"Neither can I. It seems like just yesterday that I was terrified of having kids."

"Well, you've done great so far." He put his arm around her. "Come on, the others will want to see the birthday girl."

Together they walked out of the bedroom, down the hallway, and into the common area of the house, where everyone else was waiting for them.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone said at once. Nya set Libby down on the floor and let her toddle haphazardly over to her relatives. Lloyd scooped her up and spun her around, then passed her along to the other uncles and aunts.

"I wish Master Wu were here." Nya said quietly to Jay as they walked over, hand in hand, to join the others.

"I do too." He replied. "He said he would be back by now, but... I don't know."

"How's my favorite niece?" Kai was saying, picking up Libby and tossing her in the air.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Baby Alix waved her arms, wanting Kai to throw her too. She was just a little younger than Libby, and already had her mother's bright red hair.

"Alix Amber! Let the birthday girl have fun!" Skylor laughed, tickling her daughter.

"Ali!!" Jay took his niece from Skylor as Kai passed Libby to his wife.

Nya decided to take control of the situation before the entire family started playing catch with the children. She stretched herself up to her full height of 5 feet 3 inches, wishing she was wearing stilettos instead of bunny slippers.

"Guys! Who's helping me make breakfast?"

"Oh, Nya, you don't have to. You already spent so much time on the birthday lunch yesterday." Pixal said. "I'll cook."

"I'll help." Said Lloyd.

The two of them left for the kitchen, and Nya, Jay, and Libby went back to their private portion of the house to change into proper clothes. Everyone else had already gotten dressed, so Zane and Cole set the table, and Kai and Skylor did their best to help everyone while keeping Alix out of mischief.

Soon they all sat down to breakfast- Lloyd at the head of the table, and the two babies in their highchairs at the foot. The others spread out along the sides of the table, the parents strategically placed to best feed and keep an eye on their children. Breakfast with a one-year-old and an almost-one-year-old was messy, but they all enjoyed the times when they were all at "Ninja HQ" as they called it, and could eat together like old times.

After breakfast, Lloyd and Zane took Alix and Libby on a dragon ride, and Pixal, Kai, and Jay went out to do a quick patrol in the city. Their patrols were mostly for formality now, and legal reasons, and all. A villain hadn't attacked the city or escaped Kryptarium in years. Usually the ninja helped out with lesser problems- thieves and other criminals, natural disasters (they were helpful with those because of their elemental powers) and providing a sense of security to the citizens. Nowadays, they always wore full hoods, and no longer liked to appear in the news or magazines. Nya and Skylor in particular seldom went out, for the privacy of their children when they started school.