chapter zero: hell broke loose

BETTY STILINSKI, was taking a walk in the woods. Betty needed to think about what happened two weeks ago. The girl who treated her like a sister, helped her when she she was upset, cared for her, and loved like family.

Was gone. And was never coming back. It all still felt fake to Betty. How could such an amazing person die like that? At only 17? She still had her whole life to live.

Betty felt like a little part of her was ripped away with Allison. And it was never coming back. Like Allison wasn't. Leaves crunched beside her. Betty whipped her head to the side. But no one was there.

Weird. Betty knew it was dangerous but she didn't care. She needed to think. Now that she realized she could've walked around the park or something and it would've been safer. But it's too late now.

"Betty." Someone whispered. Betty got shivers down her spin. "I'm going crazy. It's just a dream. Betty wake up." Betty told herself hoping that it was a dream. And that she was going crazy. Betty started speed walking to get out of the woods. "Betty." The voice called out again.

Betty was acted now. She was going to get kidnapped or worse. Betty pulled out her phone and dialed Stiles number when it got pushed out of her hand. A Latina girl looked about 20 threw it out of her hand and gave her a sinister smile. "Oh, Betty." She called out to her as she circled her making Betty freeze in her spot.

"H-how do you know my name?" Betty stuttered as her body shook wand anxiety fled through her veins. What was she going to do to her? This question fled through Betty's mind like a plague. What was happening. Betty's breathing started to speed up and she started to cry. Great.

She was having an anxiety attack now. Right now? Seriously? "Oh don't be nervous, Betty. I know you. I've been watching you." She told her as she put a hand on Betty's back making her breathing speed up even more. "What do you want?!" Betty cried out.

"Just please leave me alone." Betty peeped out in as low as a whisper. "No. I'm not done with you yet." She screamed out before running to her in as quick as a second. "H-how did you do that? Are you a werewolf?" Betty asked but immediately felt stupid after. No werewolf could run that fast.

"That hurt. That you even thought I was on of those horrific creatures. No, sweetie, I'm a vampire. And do you know what vampires do?" She asked Betty with a smirk. "N-no." Betty responded as she was up close and personal to her face.

"Lurk in the shadows. We hunt and prey on humans. Until we find one worthy enough to turn. And that's where you come in, Betty." She told her as she traced her finger along Betty's face.

"M-me? Why me? I'm just a useless girl who's one of the only humans in a pack full of werewolves that will kick your ass when I tell them about this." Betty told her trying not to show how scared she was.

"I'm not scared of your pack. But I know they will be scared of you when I'm done with you. And before you rudely cut me off. I was saying why I chose you. I chose you because your so innocent.

You deserve to be strong. You deserve to be the hunter and not the prey so that's what I'm giving to you. You can compel so give or tell you what you want. You'll appreciate it eventually." She said before biting into her wrist and force feeding it to Betty. "You'll thank me later." She said as veins appeared under her eyes and her eyes turned red except her stricking brown pupils. She licked her fangs before snapping Betty's neck leaving her dead on the floor. Helpless and alone.

Until 30 minutes later Betty woke up her hand immediately going to her neck. And realized it wasn't out of place. Why was she still her? She died. Why was she back? Then she remembered what happened only moments before. Betty saw her phone lying there on the ground next to her.

She reached for it and saw a missed call from Stiles. She immediately called him. He answered after one ring "Betty! Where are you?" He asked her frantically. He heard her crying on the line it made him get up and grab his car keys to find out what happened to his little sister.

"S-stiles please come get me... and bring Scott. Something happened." Betty explained as she sobbed into her knees that she was hugging trying to find some sort of comfort in herself. "Ok, ok. I'm coming right now. Your in the woods?" He asked her while his voice cracked as he walked out the front door.

"Y-yes. In right next to the Beacon Hills sign. Please hurry." Betty begged as the line disconnected. Betty removed the phone from next to ear to see why is stopped. Her phone died. "I wish this was a dream." Betty whispered to herself as she put her head in between her knees as she sobbed and sobbed.

She felt different. She could smell more things, she felt stronger, faster, she felt weird. But she was starving. She wish she never walked into the woods in the first place. She imagined herself laughing in her living room with her brother and her dad as they watched some dumb corney movie.

"Stiles please hurry." She said to herself again. Trying to calm down but it wasn't working. She was still having an anxiety attack. She heard a car frantically pulling up next to the curd a few feet in front of her. Stiles and Scott ran out seeing the light brunette girl with her hair all messed up clothes dirty and her head buried in her knees.

"Betty!" Stiles yelled taking hold of his sister. Her head looked up with tears running down her face and her killers dried up blood around her mouth. "What happened? Why is there blood in your face?" Stiles asked frantically as Scott and Stiles helped her up. "I'll tell you when we get in the car." She choked out she got into the backseat and they got in the front.

"I was w-walking in the woods thinking about... Allison. And I heard this voice calling my name. I tried to walk faster and tried to call you. A lady ran closer to me quick. I mean not humanly quick." Betty started to explain as Scott looked at stiles worried that she got bitten.

"Like a werewolf? Did it bite you?" Scott asked nervously. She didn't deserve the burden of being a werewolf at all. "Let me finish. She threw my phone out of my hand and started saying that she was a vampire and that I deserved to be strong, to be the hunter and not the prey. That I was going to thank her later. She bit into her wrist and forced fed it to me then she..." Betty said before looking at them both nervously

"Then she what? What did she do to you, Betty?" Stiles asked her while putting a hand on her arm to comfort her. Tears started streaming down her face again think of how she died again. "She stuck her fangs into my neck. And I woke up somehow. I'm starving." Betty told them as she threw her head back to the seat.

"Hungry for what? Betty." Stiles asked her while the color from his face vanished. He knew what was happening to her. He's watched every vampire movie ever. She wanted blood. And now that he was the only human in the car the chances were pretty high that she was going to eat him.

"Blood."