CHAPTER 1

Bon Temps is a small town in Louisiana, USA. Sunny and quiet with happy and simple people, it's not all that noisy, but there are plenty of rumours flying around. The biggest and shiniest one at present is about the huge number of construction workers who have been working non-stop building what is beginning to look like a very large and luxurious mansion. Surrounded by what the gardeners are working on turning into wonderful back and front gardens, and a glass house, the townspeople are having a field day with the gossip.
"They say the family is very rich; they transformed the old and abandoned property of the old deceased Sammers, and their grandson Eddy sold them the land for the money to go to college after their death." ; "They started two months ago, but the work they have accomplished looks as if it six months work and soon to be complete. They don't seem to stop during the day or night. Whoever the hell they're working for, they are a hell of a big deal and freakishly rich." ; "The abandoned land is being turned into a freaking mansion." ; "I saw the transportation vans full to the brim. Just who are these people coming to Bon Temps of all places?"
For full eight months the little town people were on their toes waiting for the mysterious family to come, and they didn't have to wait long. On October 3rd, the Black Family arrived; Marcus and Eva Black, an English couple who had moved from London with their five-year-old daughter Rosalyn, due to Marcus's business opportunities in the energy field in the States.
Marcus was an exceedingly handsome 34-year-old man in a noble sort of way; tall, with raven black hair, striking blue eyes, pale complexion, and prominent cheekbones. In the eyes of the majority of the female population of Bon Temps, he was the eye candy regardless of their marital status.
But never had a chance at making a move on him, because any and every woman and teenage girl in town found herself lacking in comparison to his wife, Eva Black. She was a stunningly beautiful woman.
Perfect pale skin, tall dark brown locks, fine and silky with the most beautiful gray eyes. Her body was incredibly enticing, tall and elegant figure, curvaceous hips and full bosom.
Rosalyn Black was a doll in human form that stole the hearts of all who laid eyes on her. Snow-pale and soft skinned, with raven-black, long, shiny hair that fell down her waist. And beautiful emerald eyes that sparkled like jewels in Louisiana's sun. She enchanted everyone she met with her beauty and charm, and to some, even her very cute accent.
The Blacks also had a personal butler, a man in his late forties. To the outsiders, he looked grim and cold, but polite and elegant. Alas, no one knew that this cold behavior only changed when he was with (as he called her) his little lady.
They quickly became loved and respected in the small town. Marcus helped Mayor Norris and the town people in rebuilding and restoring the town's old public sites and areas such as the town plaza, the main street, the church, etc.
And Eva took over the charitable society, from taking care of the orphans and church activities to improving the kindergarten and the local high school, gaining the townspeople's hearts and respect as well. In two years time, the Blacks became Bon Temps' ideal and perfect family.
The Blacks have also formed a very close friendship with their neighbors, the Stackhouses. Adele Stackhouse was so enraptured with Rosalyn upon the first look and with little time considered her as one of her grandchildren.
That became more of a truth when Marcuse and Eva had to travel out of town for a while and would ask Adele to look after their daughter from time to time. Also, the old lady loved the girl more when she and Sookie became good friends. Adele noticed how the English girl accepted and even helped Sookie through her peculiarities. It became a usual sight to see and hear the two girls playing and laughing together everywhere - at the kindergarten, the Black or Stackhouse gardens, and later even Tara joined them in this friendship.
As for Jason, Adele almost laughed every time she remembered the look on the seven year old boy face whenever the little raven haired girl would come to their house and he watchs over her and his sister play in their front garden. Her grandson, little Jason had his first crush... how cute is that?
All was well until a car accident took Adele's son and daughter-in-law. Adele was sorrowful, but she had to be strong for her grandchildren; now she is all they have.
Adele was thankful that the Blacks were there to help her with her son and daughter-in-law fenural, and little Rosalyn helped with Sookie and Jason, which made Adele amazed at the small girl's wisdom and kindness despite her young age.
She convinced Sookie and Jason to come out of their grief after they had refused to do so for two weeks, by telling them that their mother and father would have wanted them to be happy and live life to the fullest.
Not to be so sad because as she said it when Adele was listening behind the door:" The ones we love and lose are never really gone, they stay with us in many other forms...their love in our hearts and memories in our minds. Their souls will always watch over us so we should not show them what would hurt them...but what would make them happy and proud of us."
Sookie and Jason took her words to heart and so the next day they did their usual routine and seemed to get better, and after that bit by bit they became happier each day thereafter.