Prologue

Far into the Forbidden Forest, shrouded by smoke, was a tavern. The tavern was broken down, barely recognizable as a tavern at all. A blue fox was painted on what had once been the front of the tavern , a cyan lightning bolt sprouting from a cloud on its throat. Aside from this, the rest of the building was in shambles.
A few wood planks began writhing, twisting and binding themselves together with nails and bolts. They formed a humanoid shape of nearly 6 feet tall, a head of splintered boards with features of nails extended into a torso, two wooden arms with four fingers on each hand sprouted out of its shoulders. Out of the bottom of the torso sprouted two chicken legs, similar in length to those of a human.
The wooden figure rubbed its head and looked around. It spotted the painted fox and rubbed its hand against it. The being heard some rustling behind it and turned, finding itself looking up at a man in a white robe with gold trim, a gold staff with a yellow gem in the top, and a blonde bun on the top of his head. A glare from the sun blocked his face from view. His hand was outstretched toward the wooden creature. It grabbed the man's hand and was pulled to its feet, where it was finally able to see the man's face. It looked familiar to it, but it couldn't quite place where.
"It's been a while, old friend." Elliot said with a smile. "We have plenty to do. Let's get started. But you'll need a name. How about Fox?" The wooden creature looked down at the Stormy Fox logo and nodded.